Prologue - Early Death

It was just another day with mommy and daddy. We went to the store to pick up something for me! Well, they got something for me! Mom and dad picked out a few clothes and some yummy foods, a lot of them were some of my favorites! It was a calm day, nothing was going wrong. I hoped so but... I just felt off for some reason that day. It was as if something was trying to pull me over towards somewhere but maybe it was just my imagination.

My birthday was only a few months ago and I had turned 7 years old. I was learning a bit about harder words in school! They were teaching all sorts of things but I didn't understand much of it. Still, I had time to learn it all!

The thing we got from the store was a game called Dungeon Quest! A lot of my friends had the game and some showed me what they did in it! I was really excited to try it out myself! I wanted to see the cute little slime in it again! It wasn't a bad slime!

I made a little slurp sound which caused mom and dad to look down towards me.

They seemed confused.

"You look so happy."

"Yeah! I am!"

I was holding the cartridge high in the sky and kept looking at it. I was ready to play it as soon as I got home!

Out of the blue, I suddenly heard a lot of people screaming. I watched a lot of people moving out of the way behind us.

Me, mommy, and daddy turned around to look over at what was going on.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU BASTARDS!"

A crazy man was running down the street with a knife in his hands. He was a bad man... he had a look in his eyes like he was possessed...

Before I knew it, mommy tried to pull me out of the way but the crazy man came running in. She tried to protect me... but it only ended up killing me...

I felt something enter me before being yanked out as the man stumbled over me and fell to the ground.

I felt... a strange feeling... I was only just starting out but... in a moment... I lost everything...

What is this feeling... it... it pierced me... I don't know what's happening mommy...

</Confirmed. [Pierce Resistance]... successfully acquired. Following up with [Melee Resistance]... successfully acquired../>

it was feeling hot but... the concrete was cold... why did I feel hot?

</Confirmed. [Heat Resistance] and [Cold Resistance]... successfully required. Combined together, the Skill has progressed to [Thermal Fluctuation Resistance]./>

Daddy had tackled the man to the ground and kept him pinned while mommy rushed over top of me.

I didn't know what was happening but I heard whacking and smacking...

"M-m-ommy?"

I looked around to see something spilling from my body, I was scared. That was...

"MOMMY'S HERE, SWEETIE! PLEASE STAY WITH ME!"

Mommy had a crazy look in her eyes... she seemed... scared...

"S-SON!"

Dad is here now too...

"MY SON IS BLEEDING, SOMEONE PLEASE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" Daddy looked worried too...

I wonder why...

I looked down and looked at my own body...

It was covered by something red...

Is that what blood looks like? I read about that stuff before...

I don't like it... it feels weird...