Chapter 1

Cas' POV 

"GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!" Gabriel's awful shriek echoed through the house. I heard my door open. "Rise and shine, Cassie! Get ready for the first day of school!" I felt two hands grab my shoulders and shake me like a ragdoll. 

"Inaminute urrghh" I rolled over and blindly pushed away his arms. 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO CASSIE!!! GETTT UHHHHPPP!" Suddenly, I felt something huge on top of me. 

I peeked open my eyes, only to see the giant brown eyes of my big brother. "Ugh- Gabriel- get- ughr- off-me." I struggled under the weight (How was he so heavy??), but managed to push him off. 

Gabriel jumped off me and grinned. "Mom wants you in the kitchen in 10." I sat up, rubbing my eyes. 

"Must be all those chocolate bars..." I muttered. 

 * * * * * 

Gritting my teeth, I glared at my unruly hair in the mirror and once again brutally swiped my brush through it. To no avail, it sprang up again. Sighing, I walked to my closet and threw on the first thing I found, an old Harry Potter t-shirt, some jeans and my trusty trench coat. 

Okay, cool. Don't worry. High school will be fine. I can do this. Just stay unnoticed. Under the radar. Don't worry, ninth grade will be a breeze. 

I smiled and headed downstairs. The kitchen was chaotic, to say the least. Mom was bustling around, handing out plates of eggs and glasses of orange juice, and all the while yelling at her co-workers on her conference call. Michael and Lucifer, both in senior year were arguing, as usual, while Gabriel joined in occasionally, while shoveling food into the black hole he calls a mouth. Anna was on her phone, probably texting her friends about girl stuff that I don't really want to hear about. Samandriel, who was two years younger than me, was eating calmly and reading the comics in today's newspaper. 

"Okay, guys. The bus will be here any second. Out, out. Out the door you go. I gotta drop off Samandriel and get to work." Mom called and pushed us to the door. This will be fun... 

* * * * *

The bus driver grunted as we boarded the bus. Michael, Lucifer, Gabriel, and Anna went to the back and sat with their friends. Me? I sat near the front in the first available seat. I was alone, and felt super-awkward (just to say...), but luckily I had my book with me. See, what in my experience, I've noticed that when you are sitting alone and reading, people tend to ignore you. It's amazing. I plugged in my headphones and relaxed back into my seat.

The bus stopped again and I looked up. Then, I saw something. No, someone, walking onto the bus. His face was almost godly, as if chiseled by the finest of sculptors. His hair was a light brown specked with gold and he was wearing a Stanford t-shirt and athletic shorts. But the one thing that stood out was his eyes, oh my, his eyes. They were green, the greenest of every single shade of green in the world, and they sparkled as he laughed to his friends over his shoulder. 

 He glanced at me and smiled. Then, he and his friends walked forward and sat in the seats behind mine. Blushing, I smiled down at my book. 

 He's cute. Wait, what? I don't even know the guys. Why am I smiling?? What is going on? Blargh.