Am

(Your age will be 17, turning 18 in this story. None of the characters are aged up and you will see the twins as younger siblings to you.)

I got off the bus, and took a minute to admire the view of the town I live in. Home... I'm finally home... Ahh Gravity Falls. There always seems to be some weirdness going on here... hm. I took a deep breath and exhaled. The fresh air here is always nice. I walked to my cabin, which is about a 30 minute walk outside of Gravity falls. On the way, I bumped into two small people. Ugh.

"HEY WATCH IT YA- huh..?" I yelled, but then stopped myself. I looked down to see two familiar faces. I grinned widely. There they were! My two favorite lil' babies... Dipper and Mabel. I know they're twelve which is not super young, awww, but I can't help but treat them that way. They're so adorable!

"Y/n!?" They both shouted in unison.

"You're back!" Mabel exclaimed. We all got in a group hug."I missed you!" Mabel yelled.

"How was Las Angelas?" Dipper asked.

I chuckled slightly. "Oh, I'll tell you guys alllll about it, later!" Dipper and Mabel smiled in response. "But, I have to get back to my cabin to unpack first."

The twins gave a thumbs up to my response and they both said in unison: "Alright. We'll see you later!"

I chuckled a bit as they walked away. I wonder where they were headed to... oh well. I'll ask them about it, later. I continued walking to my cabin. The scenery of Gravity Falls was beautiful. I looked around and admired everything as I walked. Pretty trees. I always loved nature. Sure spending a week in Las Angelas was fun, but nothing beats the scenery of nature. After some time of walking, I reached my cabin. I went inside and collapsed on the sofa, breathing heavily from exhaustion. (from the walking obviously) After maybe a couple minutes of resting, I got up to unpack... thinking about my trip to Las Angelas and how fun it was. Unpacking was a chore. Oh well. I didn't wanna do anything. After unpacking, I just went to my bedroom, then on my bed, and collapsed. I felt myself drifting asleep.

(Your dream)

I was in the Mystery Shack working as cashier, covering for Wendy because she was "sick". Yeah, that was obvious a lie, and of course I called her out for it. Even though she was lying, I still covered for her, anyways. (Because I'm so nice hehgetnmhfhnrfnbfygfytf) Suddenly, the Pines Twins burst through the door of the shack, and they seemed very distressed. Dipper spoke very frantically and he was breathing heavily. He opened the journal to a page where there was a triangle with one eye and a top hat. He held the journal up to me so I could see the page."Y/n! Y/n! Bill is-"

(You woke up)

"What the!-" I covered my mouth to not yell. What kind of dream was that!? I had so many questions. Was that dream a warning? Who is Bill? Why does that goofy ahh triangle thing look like the Illuminati? Ugh. So frustrating. I guess I won't have the answer to these questions, but oh well. Who cares? Worrying about stuff has only brought stress to me and I hate stress. I've learned to keep an 'oh well' mindset. I got up and checked the time. Oh, I've only been sleeping for twenty minutes. That's good! I'm not even sleepy or exhausted anymore! I decided to get up and head to the Mystery Shack to say hi to everyone since I got back from vacation. After I got there, I was greeted by everyone and we talked about my trip. In the middle of when I was speaking, suddenly, Mabel and Dipper barged through the door of the Mystery Shack.

"Y/n! Y/n! We need to have a word with you for a second!" Dipper exclaimed. Then, before I could reply, Mabel took my arm and rushed me into the other room. Dipper followed.

"GAH-" I yelped. Why!? This was so sudden! Then I remembered... the dream... but, this played out slightly different than the dream did. Why? I had so many questions... so many thoughts racing through my head.

Dipper spoke. "Listen, Y/n. You cannot trust Bill."

I was confused. "...Who's Bill..?"

Dipper blushed in embarrassment. "Right... I didn't really explain that...heh...sorry." I stayed silent, waiting for Dipper to explain. He spoke up after a couple moments. "He's... a dream demon." He sighed. "Let me just... show you." Dipper held up the page with the weird looking triangle with an eye. It kinda reminded me of a Dorito... hehe.

I remembered this page. I saw it in that weird dream. Wait... that's this so called 'Bill'? Ugh. He's puny. I decided to ask about it, just to be sure. "Is that Bill?" Dipper and Mabel nodded. I looked slightly annoyed. "That's Bill!? He's puny! And why are you guys even telling me this!? I don't wanna be a part of these little adventures you guys go on!" I sighed. I didn't mean to lash out on them... I was just... confused. "Sorry. That was mean."

Mabel spoke up, trying to reassure me. That was sweet of her. "No, it's fine. Dipper will explain everything." Mabel smiled at me, and I gave a weak smile in return. Some guilt still showed through my smile, though.

Dipper spoke, ready to explain. "I know this is weird, but you have to trust me. Don't trust Bill. He's evil. No matter how much he tries to use his charm to manipulate you, don't trust him."

I still looked puzzled. Another question wouldn't hurt, right? "Ok, fine. I won't trust him, but still. What do I have to do with any of this?" Mabel handed me a crystal. It was an opal stone. My eyes glimmered in awe as I stared at it. It was so pretty. "What is this..?"

Dipper replied: "It's a wish crystal. It grants a wish if you say a magic chant. Gideon summoned Bill to retrieve the crystal from us so that he could get the deed to the Mystery Shack. It's very dangerous and so we need you to keep it safe for us."

I spoke in response: "That still doesn't answer my question. Why me?"

Mabel jumped in the conversation. "It's less obvious if you kept it! Nobody will expect you to keep it because you never get involved in our adventures! Plus, your cabin is a little bit away from Gravity Falls, so it's harder to get to. It makes sense, right? Will you do it? Please?"

I was about to shake my head until the twins gave me that weird adorable puppy eye stare. I sighed and hesitantly agreed. "...Alright..." I put the crystal in my hoodie pocket.

"Thank you so much," Dipper replied.

I smiled weakly. "Hey, well... don't mention it. Just, promise not to get me involved in this type of thing again, ok?" The twins nodded.

Dipper switched topics. "Alright, we'll be going now. Mabel and I are going to hang out with Wendy. Do you want to come?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. I'm really tired from walking here." Mabel and Dipper nodded, waved goodbye, and left. I stood there for a moment, processing everything. I sighed. I guess I'm ok with helping the twins... but, something about this doesn't sit right with me. It feels... off. Like this isn't supposed to happen. I feel like I'm just some mindless pawn in a bigger game right now. I took the wish crystal out of my pocket and stared at it. My eyes glimmered just like the stone. It was pretty, but it doesn't feel like something I should have. I don't really trust myself with it. I might lose it, or worse. Oh well. I'll do my best. I put the stone back into my hoodie pocket and stepped back out to where Soos, Wendy, and Stan were before I was dragged away by Mabel. Ugh. Stan was busy helping customers, Wendy left to hang out with Mabel and Dipper, and Soos is busy restocking products. I sighed. Whatever. I guess I'll go back to my cabin. The only reason I went here was to say hi and catch up with everyone, anyway. They're all busy so I can't continue my story. That really sucks. My good mood was instantly put out like a flame. I walked out of the Mystery Shack and headed back to my cabin, mumbling curses and kicking a rock the whole time I walked back. As soon as I got home, I walked into my bedroom, flopped on my bed, and screamed into my pillow.

How can this day get any worse?

Author's note: HIII POOKIES!!! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING FAN-FICTION SO I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!!!! I'm trying to make these chapters long so I'm not lazy as fuck. (I'm failing because this is short) Bill will maybe appear either next chapter or the chapter after. I'm not the best writer but I'm trying so please don't judge me LOL. BYE POOKIES!

Ps: The art on the cover is by me so sorry if it's bad