1.11

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ, ᴳᵃᵇᵇʸ."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The three girls were stood in Gabriella's bedroom at the elder Gilmore residence, looking in awe at themselves in the mirror that stretched to the ceiling.

"We're so pretty." Leah breathed, smoothing down her dress.

"And vain." Gabby snorted quietly. Everyone was quiet, the whole room still as they stared at themselves in the mirror.

"It doesn't matter, we're pretty." Demi scolded, twirling her own dress as she watched.

"We are pretty, but we have to get downstairs, we're late. I'm late to my own birthday." Gabby laughed, tearing her eyes away from her own dress, still obsessed with the colour of it. The smooth blue fabric hugged her figure like a second skin, her warm brown eyes and blonde hair contrasting delicately. Miss Celine had given her a thin silver necklace with a little flower charm and a matching bracelet, with some blue flowers pinned into her hair, which was plaited in an ornate up-do. She did look pretty.

"Who cares, we're pretty." Leah exhaled, pointing to the reflections. Her own dress was long and flowy, white with golden embroidery. Her mother had made it, with the help of Miss Celine. It suited her beautifully, and her long blonde hair flowed down to her waist.

"Okay, we actually have to go." Demi sighed, fixing her own hair. It was smoothed back into a large bun at the base of her head, two strands left to curl in front and frame her face. Her dress was the longest, a proper princess dress that reached the ground. The soft pink colour contrasted against her dark skin amazingly and she was positively beaming.

"Yup. Come on." Gabby giggled, linking arms with the two as they started off downstairs. They were all grinning as they walked down the stairs, greeted by a crowd of both teenagers and adults. A pile of presents was threatening to break a table as waiters walked around holding platters with flutes of champagne and mini pizzas. Her mother had wanted to serve lobster rolls and vol au vents, but since moving to Lorelai's, Gabby's taste in food had changed drastically. She had managed to convince the five-star-chef to make mini chicken burgers and little tubs of chili fries, much to Lorelai's delight.

Eyed immediately turned to the three as they walked down, Marcus waiting at the foot of the stairs, clutching a glass of Coke in his hand as he smiled at them. He was wearing a black suit, tie tight against his neck and watch flashing on his wrist, his hair fluffed up slightly at the front. "Hi. You all look so nice." He greeted, linking arms with Demi who was closest to him. They all preened under the praise, making him snort in laughter. The four had been trained from a young age how to thrive in these situations, but the girls still loved dressing up and showing off.