Chapter 1: Cafes and People

3rd Person POV:

7:35am

Hanta Sero, being a clumsy college kid who has no perception of time, was currently sleeping in his solo dorm, late for work. His alarm went off unexpectedly, and he fell off his loft bed, thankfully not breaking any bones. He sat up on his floor, looking at his alarm clock and realizing he only had 15 minutes before he had to go to work. "Shit!! Why don't I set my alarm for earlier in the fucking morning!?" He said, scrambling around to get a good outfit on and get ready for the day. 

7:53am

Sero was only a few minutes late, but it was okay since the cafe didn't open until 8:00am. He was only supposed to be there early to set stuff up, but he worked with a lot of his friends, so they didn't mind. "Hey, Sero! You're late, again," his friend, Mina, said as he ran through the door, huffing. "Sorry, Mina, I was up late again doing assignments and my alarm went off a lot later than I thought!" Sero managed to get out through his deep breaths. "Well, you better clock in and help with what you can, cafe opens soon." Sero nodded as he finally caught his breath, walking behind the counter and clocking in for the day.

Sero's POV:

1:48pm

Finally, the lunch rush was over, and there were a few people chilling or working in the cafe. "Dude, I am so tired. That was a lot of people today," I said to Denki, the only other person up the front with me right now. "Yeah, I know, but it's the lunch rush; of course there's gonna be a lot of people!" he said cheerfully, and we continued chatting until we heard the door open. I turned to face the person who came in, and holy shit; he was hot

"Hey, welcome to the Daisy Coffee and Tea Bar! I'm Sero, what can I get for ya?" I greeted the customer cheerfully. He gave a small smile and looked down into my eyes, as he had a slightly taller stature. "Hi, can I get large caramel frappuccino for Shoto?" he asked with a mellow voice. I didn't even think people's voices could be hot, but his was. "Of course! Anything else?" I questioned while grabbing a large cup from the displayed stack and writing his name on it. "No thanks." "Alright! That'll be..." I trailed off as I entered his order in the machine, "$6.50!' He nodded and gave some cash, to which I put into the register and gave him his change.

"That'll be a few minutes. Feel free to take a seat while waiting for your order!" He smiled again and wandered over to a booth in the corner. As soon as I knew he couldn't see me, I turned to Denki with a "he was so hot" face. "Well that's the first time I've seen you look at a guy like that," he responded, teasing me. I chuckled and gave him the cup so he could start making that guy's order while I served more customers.

A while later, the order was ready. "Order for Shoto!" I called out, looking at him walk up to the counter. "Here you go! Have a bright day and thank you for stopping by!" I said, smiling brightly at him. He smiled back and slipped a note to me, before walking out of the shop. I was confused so I opened the note to see a number and a little message:

"You seem like a really cool person and I waned to keep in touch with you. Here's my number so we can talk outside of your workplace:

090-7658-4667"

I blushed and put the note into my pants pocket quickly before anyone saw.

5:33pm

I arrived back home at my dorm and flopped onto my beanbag chair, pulling out my phone and scrolling through Insta. I remembered the handsome guy from my cafe, and I pulled out the note he gave me. I instantly put it into my phone and texted him, hoping he would reply.

Sero🤭: Hey it's me, Sero from the cafe today! your name is shoto, right?
Shoto🫶: Yeah, its me
Shoto🫶: do you go to college?
Sero🤭: yeah, im at UA college. wbu?
Shoto🫶: oh same. which dormitory building are you?
________________________

A/n: hey royalties! its me, kaidan, and this is my first attempt at a 3rd person POV at the start! I think it was good, but what do you think? anyways, im very excited to be starting another book, even tho i need to finish "My Antidote" but that will be finished shortly so that i can focus on this book, which will hopefully get to ten chapters!! my oneshots book will just be a side thing that ill be writing for funsies! anyways, hope this is giod and i will be back with anither chapter for euther of my books, bye bye!!
-kaidan<3