Prologue

September 5, 1986 (star: 6)

"Madam Lestrange? What happen to my family?" Starlette Lestrange asked curiously.

"You don't have any Charlotte Lestrange. Now please quit pestering me and go do your work!" Madam Lestrange scowled at the small girl. Star was sad everyone got confused with her name and hated her. 

So instead of doing her work Starlette ran away...

July 30th, 1991

Starlette Lestrange Wood loves her current life. Oliver is the best brother Starlette could ever ask for. She had grown up with the Lestranges (grandma and grandpa). Let's say they weren't necessarily thrilled that she had to live with them. They often neglected her or, worse, punished her for no reason at all.  

Star loves baking. It's her main coping method. 

Star looks in the mirror and watches dull eyes and scarred skin. She clutches her notebook.

"STAR? You in there?" Ollie says loudly. Star giggled.

"Come in, Ollie!" Oliver burst into the room with small beads of sweat dripping off his head. EW!

"Star? How was your furry problem?"

He runs over to Star to tackle her in a hug, but a letter came tumbling out of his pocket.

Star points to the letter slowly and asks, "What's that?"

Ollie flashes her a giant goofy grin and exclaims, "just the best thing in the world!"

She quickly realizes it's her Hogwarts letter. Her notebook slides out of her hands, crashing to the floor. She jumps up and Ollie takes her hands. They both grin at each other stupidly and start dancing around the room.

"Kids? Breakfast is ready!" Auntie Maggie exclaims. Ollie picks up her notebook and they walk downstairs.

Aunt Maggie had set the table with gorgeous blue flowers. Star and Ollie sit next to each other as the pancakes appear on the table. A few seconds later Auntie Maggie comes into the dining room with a very stern expression on her face. Star sinks into her chair a bit. When Auntie Maggie goes straight at Ollie, Star sits right back up.

"OLIVER WOOD!" she thunders. Star almost giggles at the scared look on Ollie's face.

"Make sure not even one person lays a finger on Star, okay? I am trusting you with the responsibility with taking Starlette shopping at Diagon Alley and I don't want to hear one word of any trouble. You are 4 years older than her for merlin's sake!"

Auntie Maggie takes a step back then apperates away.

Ollie quickly jumps up and exclaims, "What are you waiting for? We have shopping to do, little sis!"

They both grab a bit of floo powder and shout, "DIAGON ALLEY!"

 Star turns to her left where Ollie is standing and see him gasping for air, coughing. He grabs a cup of water and chugs it. 

"Okay," Ollie says, finally recovered from his coughing fit, "I think it's time we get your school supplies." He hands Star a bag filled to the brim with galleons. 

He leads her through the alley from shop to shop helping her grab items.

After a while of walking, he asks her to stand outside as he grabs something. He immediately spots a friend and asks her to stand with him and with that he rushes into the shop.

Star looks at the boy carefully. The boy has brown hair and looks very kind. He notices her staring and smiles.

"Hi. I'm Cedric Diggory. What's your name?"