-Prologue-

Prologue

For as long as Leighton could remember her job was to stay out of the way. She was the youngest of six kids. The Shepherd siblings consisted of five daughters and one son. When you have that many kids the older kids always warn you 'Be good' and 'Make it easy for mom'. That was Leighton's job, especially because her older sister Amelia did the opposite. Sometimes their mother was so occupied with Amelia that she forgot to take care of Leighton. This didn't ever face her too much, it just meant that her older brother would be taking care of her. That is how it usually was their mom chasing after Ameilia and Derek making sure Leighton was okay. It was only their mom so Derek helped raise all of his sisters. Especially, Leighton, She was only a few months old when their father died, Derek, Amelia, and Leighton were the only ones there when he died. But Leighton and Amelia didn't remember it. 

        Growing up things were good, she was happy, and she was the most social out of the Shepherd children always tagging along and trying to hang out with her older sisters. They never let her but it never stopped her from trying. Eventually, Derek started letting her hang out with him and Mark even though he knew it was not the same thing. Mark Sloan is the only guy who means more to her than Derek. For as long as Leighton could remember Mark Sloan and Derek Shepherd had been best friends. Mark was constantly at their house after school, on the weekends, and during the summer. He was constantly around, Leighton liked it that way. Every single Shepherd knew how much of a crush Leighton had on Mark, well, except for Derek. Anytime Nancy or Liz would bring up how much their younger sister loved Mark Sloan, Derek would say they were lying, and it wasn't a funny joke. Mark always thought she was sweet, But She was Derek's younger sister and he didn't think of her in that way. Until, Leighton's 16th birthday Derek and Mark had started their internships and were traveling back for her birthday. It had been almost 2 years since she had seen Mark. That was the first time he saw her as a woman, not Derek's little sister. Nothing. ever came of that, Not that Derek ever knew at least. 

         It was April of 2004, and Mark, Derek, Addison, and Leighton were all out to dinner celebrating Leighton moving to Seattle for her internship. Eventually, they finished their dinner, and after several drinks, Derek and Addison left. Leaving Mark and Leighton alone in a bar. When Leighton woke up the next morning in Mark's apartment she freaked out, She knew how she always felt about Mark. She was too scared to hear what he was gonna say once he woke up. So she snuck out and made it her mission not to see Mark Sloan until she fled to Seattle which she succeded in. With a few close calls. One morning he showed up at her apartment banging on the door, saying they needed to talk she turned off the TV and acted like she wasn't home. They both knew each other were they just too scared to admit it. Then almost a month later the night before Leighton left for Seattle she got a call from Derek saying that Addison cheated on him with Mark, and all she got from the conversation was Mark slept with Addison. She hated them both but most of all she hated herself. But she soon boarded a plane and left for Seattle Washington. Where nobody knew her, her story, or her brother, but that was about to change. 

Author Notes:

I am so excited for this one. This is my first mark fic and I can't wait to dive in.