𝟏 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠.

The Second Battle of Fallujah

The Second Battle of Fallujah. Around 110 coalition forces killed while about 600 were wounded. About 3,000 insurgents killed or captured along with an unknown amount of civilians killed. It's said that the number is greater than 1,000.

It's known as the deadliest most bloodiest battle of the Iraq war. I know as much because it's one half of what makes up my personal hell. One of the two most gruesome fights of my military career.

Scotty, Luca, and Drew went through hell and back in both Iraq and Afghanistan all just to come back home and get mauled on by the people we wanted to win those wars for. Taken out in their own damn backyard. The disrespect was so unbelievable.

As truly fucked as it is to say, I would give anything to be back there. At least I'd be with my brothers again. My family would be back in King County safe and sound. They'd never have to know that this level of darkness in the world existed. I'd gladly catch a bullet in the damn wasteland where times were simpler.

One hundred twenty five miles

One hundred twenty five miles. That's how far we are from the slim chance of finding more than Dr. Jenner believed was left in this world. Some odds we have.

We've been having to stop every so often to siphon gasoline and collect supplies along the way. Food was scarce and water was almost non existent as most of the places we went were picked over already.

I was in desperate need of something to make me feel alive again. During one of our stops my prayers were answered. Daryl had spotted the bikes lined up just outside a bar which made him just as excited as me.

After T had grabbed the last of the fuel we managed to collect it was time to head out. Everyone loaded up either in the RV, Rick's and Lori's car, or Shane's jeep.
Daryl and I took to the front of the lineup on our newly claimed bikes.

While he went for a more traditional motorcycle, I fell head over heels with the green 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R. Sport bikes always were a weakness for me. It was better than the one I had which was probably still sitting in Rick and Lori's garage. Collecting dust which was a devastating thought in itself.