Chapter 30 ~ Illness of the Heart

🖤

Words:-1500+

Words:-1500+

_______________________

After comforting Raha in his arms, Siddharth gently led her to their room, where she continued to sob against his chest. Her tears soaked his shirt, but he didn't mind. Once they were inside, he locked the door, wanting to ensure they had privacy and that Abhya wouldn't disturb them. He knew Abhya would come asking about Raha, but he needed this time alone with her to mend things.

"It's okay, everything is fine," Siddharth reassured her, gently patting her head. Raha was still visibly shaken, and he realized just how sensitive she was. He fetched a glass of water from the bedside table and helped her drink.

Then, he cupped some water in his hand and splashed it gently on her face, washing away her tears. Using his shirt sleeve, he wiped her face clean, his touch comforting her in the midst of her distress.

As he saw Raha crying, Siddharth's frustration grew. He couldn't understand why she was so affected by the movie scenes when they had watched similar ones together before.

In his frustration, he pinned her to the bed, feeling overwhelmed by her tears. Seeing her distress, his anger dissipated, replaced by concern.

He kissed her forehead tenderly, pulling her into his embrace. Holding her close, he gently stroked her back until she finally fell asleep.

Despite his own exhaustion, Siddharth remained awake, ensuring that Raha slept peacefully, fearing she might wake up from a nightmare.

He stayed vigilant until he was certain she was resting soundly.

Siddharth woke up to the sound of movement in the room, rubbing his eyes as he saw Raha unpacking her belongings from the trip bag. Sitting up on the bed, he observed her, recalling how she had been affected by the horror movie the night before.

Although she seemed fine now, he couldn't shake off the memory. Suddenly, he noticed Raha holding a packet and preparing to leave the room.

Quickly getting up, Siddharth intercepted her, curious about the packet in her hand. "Where are you going, and what's this?" he inquired, eyeing the packet.

"I'm going to Abhay's room," Raha replied, surprising Siddharth, who hadn't forgiven Abhay for the incident the previous night.

"Why?" Siddharth questioned, stopping her in her tracks.

"I bought him a T-shirt, so I'm going to give it to him," Raha explained, prompting Siddharth to ask to see the contents of the packet.

After taking the packet from her, Siddharth opened it to find a pink T-shirt inside. He couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy, realizing that pink was Raha's favorite color and wondering why she hadn't chosen something for him instead.