Chapter 1- THE NIGHTMARE

"What is this place?", I questioned myself in the complete dark place, I can't see anything yet there is something visible far away. It is red, like smoke. It came closer and closer to me and soon it formed itself as a human. A red man.

"Welcome Bhairavi, I have been longing for you", he said to me in a voice very familiar to me.

"Wh....who are y..you?", I asked as shiver ran down my spine.

"Won't you let me touch you my dear?", he said to me and touched me. I felt disgusted.

"pl...ple...please no, don't touch me", I begged while tears came out of my eyes.

"Cry and beg more, my dear little nie....", he disappeared without completing his sentence but now I knew who it was. While I was still crying and shivering, I heard another familiar voice.

"Bhav, don't cry", said the voice to me in a very calming tone which was different from the previous one.

"Ma..Madh...", I stuttered while crying and sobbing. I just kept praying for it to be Madhav's voice.

"Don't worry Bhav", said the voice in a very calming tone.

I thought if this was Madhav's voice. "It's you Madhav. Madhav, please take me out of this place I'm scared", I begged very hard. I just wanted to get out of this unknown and yet so painful place.

"I want to, but you lied to me Bhav, you don't trust me right that's why you didn't tell me about anything.", he said to me in a very upsetting and disappointing tone. I never heard him talk like that and I got even more scared.

"No Madhav, I trust you I trust you very much", I said while crying.

"Then why didn't you tell me?", he questioned me looking for an answer.

"I got scared, that you will leave me.....", I tried to explain but before that the man appeared again and started laughing.

"Nobody will ever trust or like you again my dear girl", yelled the shadow while laughing even more loudly.

"I don't want to be with a liar. I shared about everything. Whom I meet. what I do, every little detail of my life. My past, present and future. But you......", Madhav said, and his words echoed in my ears.

"I told you, not to open your mouth right, now look what has happened to you. You poor little thing", said the man mockingly.

"You are wrong. N...NO!", I yelled while sweating heavily. Then suddenly I sprang up from my bed with my eyes wide open and my arms longing for something. It took me a while to realise that it was just a dream...no, it was a nightmare. I took deep breaths and calmed myself down.

"I....OH! It was just a dream", I reassured myself while still sweating and was trying very hard to grasp some air to breath.

Then I tried to reach towards my phone which was on a small table next to my bed.

"Got it, what is the time", I checked in my phone.

"HELL NOO! 7:09 AM", I yelled and got out of my bed.

I took a bath, freshened up, got dressed, packed my bag pack and went downstairs.

"Radhe Radhe, Bhairavi Beta. Got up late?", my aunt asked me while she was preparing the table for breakfast.

"Radhe Radhe Mausi. looks like I will be late for my first day, no need to set the table for me", I asked my aunt as I was taking my shoes out of the shoe stand.