ELEVEN

"crystallised - the xx"

I crashed in the chateaux trying to not disturb John B and JJ

I crashed in the chateaux trying to not disturb John B and JJ. I wrapped myself up in the tatted blanket on the sofa opposite JJ. I found my eyes getting heavy and the drugs starting to wear off. I knew I was gonna have a migraine in the morning but fuck it, I feel amazing when I'm on them. Until Rafe has to go and fucking ruin it.

I slowly drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

***************************************

I gagged as I felt a splash of cold water hit my face. I open my eyes and see the boys stood there smirking. "What the fuck guys!" I shouted. They didn't say anything in response, just laughed. "Get up, we're going surfing , the swell is looking sharp today!" JJ beamed. I groggily rubbed my eyes. "Not today boys, my head hurts," I moaned. "Well then Eli shouldn't have been partying all night," John B piped in. I shot them a dirty look and huffed in defeat. There was no way they were gonna let me sleep.

I chucked on a bikini I found in John B's room, I'm guessing it was Sarah's.The only clean one I could find, it was striped and sat on my breasts perfectly. I also grabbed a pair of denim shorts and white linen shirt.

JJ wolf whistled at me when I walked out and I rolled my eyes and smirked. "Come on then!" I said hopping into the Twinkie. John B loaded three surfboards on the rack above the van and off we went.

I had missed my surfing days with my friends and showing them up cause I was the best surfer out of us all.

As we pulled up to the beach the summer breeze and sea salt hit the sides of my face. There was no better feeling than being at the beach, no matter what time of day it is. I used to always run away here to think when my mum passed.

I ran straight out to the water not looking back. The coldness of the water tingling my skin. JJ followed close behind and John B shortly after. We paddled far out as the current took us further. "That's yours Eli!" JJ shouted pointing to the large incoming wave. I turned on my board and began to paddle. I clenched my fists and pushed myself up to stand. I rode the wave for a while flicking and turning myself. "Woooo!" John B and JJ cheered. I smiled to myself, I miss this so much. The freedom. The water was a apart of my soul. Water has so much elegance. I see it as the water is the body; the wave is the soul.

After a couple of hours of surfing we dried up and lounged around for a while. "How's being back in OBX then Eli?" John B questioned. "Amazing, I've missed you guys so much and it feels like I never left to be honest," I replied. It was true it doesn't feel like I left, my life has gone back to how it always was. On the dark days these guys made it glow up.

The sun started to set and we decided to head back but I wanted to walk. JJ insisted I came back to the chateaux but I thought I'd pay Barry a visit. I walked through the streets of the cut, humming to myself. I needed a fix, my high from surfing was starting to crash down. I lit up a cigarette and carried on walking.