Right Before Me

Javi was the first one to know about Amelia and Ollie's breakup. The news shattered his heart into pieces.

He always loved Amelia. But, he always hesitated to confess. He was afraid of rejection. The day he got to know about their relationship was one of the most painful days in his life.

But, still.. he smiled. He smiled so that her heart doesn't break into pieces. He smiled because he was happy that she was happy.

Amelia's eyes used to glow when she talked about Ollie. She used to tell every single detail about her dates to Javi. Javi's heart ached. It ached for her. He desperately wanted her but he couldn't have her. He desperately hoped that Ollie could keep her happy.

No one in their team knew about Ollie and Amelia's relationship except for him. Sadly or fortunately, he should say, he was the first one to know about their breakup too.

It all started when Ollie got a new lab partner. What was her name again? Bianica? Brittany?Margaret? He didn't remember. Frankly, he didn't even want to remember. Her name could be Umbridge even. That's none of his concern. His concern was the girl who cried infront of him that night.

The girl with red jacket, the girl of his dreams sobbed as she told him about Ollie and this new girl. She wanted him to assure her that there was nothing between this girl and her boyfriend.

Though Javi wanted to assure her, he just couldn't. He had noticed the looks Ollie and that girl exchanged. Ollie's look remained him of the looks he gave Amelia. The look of Affection..  the look of desperation to have her.

Javi never noticed Ollie giving these looks to Amelia. Yet, he gave these looks towards these girls.

Javi didn't assure the girl of his dreams that day. Rather, he pulled her into a hug. She sobbed against his chest as a result his shirt got wet. But, he could care less about his favourite shirt now.

Few weeks later, Amelia told him that she had broken up with Ollie. She told him she was fine. But, he knew better. He took her to eat ice-cream that day. He took her to her favourite places.She was acting all tough but when she rode the bike with her she broke down.

The cold wind grazed her face. She put her head against his back. He glanced at her through the side mirror. She clutched onto him tightly and started crying. He had asked her gently,"Should I stop?"

Shaking her head, she said between her sobs,"No. Please, don't. Don't let this ride end."He listened to her request and kept driving.

Aiyon and Izzy asked him today whether everything was alright with Amelia or not. They had finally noticed too. It was pretty obvious after all. When two members in the team recently broke up, there had to be a tension. He simply denied. He said that everything was fine. In reality, nothing was right.

Now, he played his guitar. His favourite singer realised a song recently. Surprisingly, he could totally relate to this song.

It was late at night. No one was supposed to be awake so he hummed. Closing his eyes, he imagine the girl of his dreams infront of him and started singing. Suddenly, he heard footsteps. He stopped playing and looked behind. It was the said girl.

Amelia smiled and said,"Don't stop."

He smiled back. She took a seat infront of him.

She studied his features as he started playing the song. He closed his eyes and started singing. Amelia didn't know why but she felt like he could relate to the song.

Is it lying if I add a couple inches to my height?
Say I'm 5'11" when I'm really just 5'9"
Am I trying too hard, tell me, with these tired pickup lines?
Baby, when you fell from Heaven, did it hurt or are you fine?

Wait.. Javi had used this line on her the day before yesterday to cheer him up.

We can say that we met at a party
Or at the park or through our friend Charlie
Something we'll probably forget
And then have to make up again
We can say that we met doing yoga
Or at the coffee shop over mochas
Something we'll probably forget
And then have to make up again.

Now, that , she thought about it Javi was always with her. He was with her before she met Ollie. She was with her when he went to that haunted house to prepare a report

Pick me if you need a guy within a hundred miles
Who likes tea, is a Gemini, has family in Ohio
Is free this Friday night and just might make you smile

Javi opened his eyes when he said Smile. He looked at her hoping that she would notice him. Amelia finally saw the look he gave her. Since when did Javi look at her in this way?

Then, she remembered, he looked at her the day she told about her and Ollie's relationship. He looked at her this way, when she told about her and Ollie's breakup. He always looked at her like this. This wasn't the look friends gave other friends right? She secretly hoped it was something more.

I know there's other fish in the sea
But pick me
Is it lying if I tell you that I went to USC
Even though I didn't graduate and had a 2.3?
Am I trying too hard, tell me, if I say you've got to be
The most flawless specimen? You're better than I've ever seen

This time Javi looked at her and her eyes met his. His look was desperate. He desperately wanted her.

Amelia couldn't look at him anymore. She remembered all the time they spent together. Did he love her?

We can say that we met at a party
Or at the park or through our friend Charlie
Something we'll probably forget
And then have to make up again
We can say that we met doing yoga
Or at the coffee shop over mochas
Something we'll probably forget
And then have to make up again

Did she love her? She always felt special about him. He was always different. She never felt like this way for Ollie.

Pick me if you need a guy within a hundred miles
Who likes tea, is a Gemini, has family in Ohio
Is free this Friday night and just might make you smile
I know there's other fish in the sea
But pick me
But pick me, mmh
I'm here waiting, undeterred
My heart is aching, but still no word
Pick me if you need a guy within a hundred miles
Who likes tea, is a Gemini, has family in Ohio
Is free this Friday night and just might make you smile
I know there's other fish in the sea
But pick me
But pick me, mmh

Javi finished the song. Both of them looked at each other and kept their eye contact. Both desperately hoping that the other understands their feeling.

Javi started saying,"Amelia, I ... I love you. I know maybe ... you don't"

But, she interrupted him and hugged him instead. She whispered,"me too." She realised that she was always searching for the right one.

But, she failed to see that the man of her dreams was always right before her.