A pole Lotta love

Chapter One

  You find yourself walking the sandy shore that you have come to know so well. The suns rays embrace you and warm your back. Things haven't been going well for you since you've come to Pelican town. These days, when you are not farming, all you can seem to do is stare out into the ocean. It's silly, but the relentless, unwavering nature of the ocean helps you feel less alone. You've introduced yourself to almost everybody in town and have been met with responses such as "go away" from the man at the bar whose name you didn't even catch.  It's hard being new to a town and feeling so alone. Every time you walk this beach, you see a man contently sitting on the dock fishing. He seems to keep drawing you back to this spot despite your best attempts to stay away.He is the one person who makes you feel less alone, and you haven't even met him, but You can always count on him to be at his dock.  You've gathered from the around town that his name is Willy, but for some reason, he is the only person you haven't had the courage to introduce yourself to. You don't know why you are so scared of Willy's rejection. You have handled it well from other villagers. Something is different about Willy, though, and you can't figure out what it is.

  Willy waves from across the dock. Your heart skips a beat. It is too late to hide. He's already noticed you. He's going to think that you are a fool or a stalker, you think, cursing to yourself. You slowly start walking towards him, preparing for the snide comments that seem to come from everyone else in this town. As you get closer, you hear Willy begin to talk in a smooth, kind voice, A voice sounding gentle yet wise.  "It's been a long time since I've seen someone new in this town; I'm willy. It's nice to meet you," he says. You can't help but admire how a soft smile forms on his face when he talks. You reply back cautiously, "There might be a reason for that because so far, I feel like my coming here was one massive mistake." Willy's eyes soften as he listens to you talk. " Life is like a fishing net. Sometimes you catch more than you bargained for, and sometimes the best catches are the ones you never expected," he says. You can't help but chuckle. Wow, he really is a fisherman, you think, but deep down, you start to think in a weird way, and maybe he's right. "I don't know, it has been hard fitting in here ever since I moved into my grandpa's farm. I've just felt so lost," You reply. You are instantly aware of the fact that you shared too much and that now you are definitely going to scare him off.  Despite your fears, Willy reaches out his hand for you to grab, and you hesitantly reach out to connect your hand with his. His hands are large over yours and rough with callouses from years of work. Willy looks you in the eyes. " Don't you worry, my dear You will find your place here in Pelican Town, and until then, you have me as a friend."  You smile at the first kind words you have been given since you moved here. " I would really like that, Willy." Willy smiles back at you, his hand still embraced with yours. "Well then, my dear, let's make it official: from this day forth, you and I are friends!"

    You think back to the many days you've spent on the beach, and the thought of Willy on his doc fishing every night won't leave your mind. "Say, Willy, you seem so at peace and happy when you are fishing; I see you out here almost every day," you say before properly thinking it through. Willy didn't seem to notice your awkwardness or the fact that you just admitted to watching him from afar, and if he did, he didn't care.  He chuckles softly. His warm voice is filled with happiness. "Yes, I suppose I am out here a lot, aren't I ?". He pauses, seemingly thinking, before he replies," Fishing is a great escape for me; It's how I find my center and connect myself with nature." You soak in the way his voice seems to omit happiness before saying," I wish I could feel as at peace with my life as you do you seem to have it all together." He Knits his brows together while thinking of a response" life can be tough my dear, but I've found keeping things simple helps me get over the waves life throws at me." He continues in his sincere voice, " Fishing gives me that simplicity when it's just me, my rod, and the ocean. You think of how nice that sounds and you decide to take a risk and be bold by saying "Id like to learn how to fish!" Willy's eyes widden and light up at the thought of teaching somebody new how to fish " That is wonderful id be happy to teach you, infact I think it would be a great adventure for both of us!" You suddenly regret your eagerness from the seconds prior "I have no idea where to start I don't even own a fishing stick". Willy lets out a laugh before quickly covering his mouth with his hand to hide his amusement with you " Oh man you have a lot to learn" he says through smalls laughs.