viii

Sorry for disappearing. Here, have a 'Meow Morales' That name is cringe so let's just call him Miles.

 Here, have a 'Meow Morales' That name is cringe so let's just call him Miles

---

The loud screech from the monster like villain was enough to stop Y/n dead in her tracks. She turned and her eyes widened at the familiar sight; Green Goblin?! Didn't the guy die a year ago?!

No time to think, all Y/n could do was to run for her life. But she stopped in her tracks once again as a thought crossed her mind; Miles!

She turned, her eyes searching the running crowd, but there was no sign of him anywhere. This caused panic to strike within her. She could already hear the police sirens from a distance, some of the security guards at the carnival were already issuing people out, Y/n still stood there. Her legs were practically rooted to the ground. She was stuck in a dilemma. She could either run in the fair that was currently being destroyed by Green Goblin to search for Miles or run off to save herself.

She couldn't decide.

What if Miles had already ran off?

That thought was already enough for her to run off to safety with the rest of the crowd again.

That goofball couldn't even outrun the school's security guard during his first week!

Yet again, Y/n froze.

Her mind was racing, her heart beat was far from normal and she could feel heavy beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. Green Goblin didn't seem to stop his deeds any time soon, which means he's too distracted to realize she was there. This is probably a good time to run. Right?

"I'm so dumb for this..."

"Please evacuate the area calmly! The emergency exit should be right th- Hey! HEY KID! STOP IT RIGHT THERE!!!" The security guard's command fell on deaf ears as Y/n sprinted her way back into the carnival. The man was about to follow her behind only for the entrance to be blocked by a huge boulder from a building that came crashing down.

Y/n was already too far, there was no stopping now. With determination burning in her eyes, she clutched onto her Spider-Man plushie and swiftly snuck through the carnival, out of Green Goblin's vision, she made a beeline for the Ferris wheel, the last ride she and Miles were in.

"Miles? Miles! Are you over here?!" She whispered frantically. She took a glance inside one of the seats. It was empty.

"Miles? For damns sake! Where could you have gone-"

The abrupt roar from Green Goblin had her shut her mouth tightly, leaping into the seat. She glanced out, but soon realized the roar wasn't directed to her.

---

"Long time no see! Thought you died back there in the collider?" Miles called out to the already enraged villain.