An Unsightly Beginning

Being born of Oblivion means a life of loneliness and darkness. 

Oblivion, what is it? 

"Oblivion: /əˈblivēən/: the state of being forgotten; Extinction; inky achromatic; neutral, yet corrosive."

Oblivion, what does it mean to be born of you?

 "To be consumed by all of nothing." 

Oblivion, what is your name? 

"Name? What purpose do I have for a name? For I am a primordial entity; I need not such things as names." 

With each question I ask It, I float further and further into Its chilling, striking embrace. 

How long has it been? 

"Since when? For there to be time, there has to be a moment for us to anchor said moment."

So there is no time here? 

"I never said that; I'm asking you if you have an anchoring moment for them to judge whether or not you need that time."

Anchoring moment... 

Yes, since my memories, since I started asking you what it means to be a part of you, Oblivion. 

"Three Eons, you've been floating here inside of all of Oblivion since the start of your memories, and yet you have not learned how to Live Inside Oblivion." 

Live inside Oblivion... 

At that, an idea struck itself inside my head. 

Oblivion?

"Yes?"

What does it mean to live?

"Live: /līv/: To make something of your existence; To embrace that of your being." 

My being? What's my being Oblivion? 

"Your particular being is that of Lorcan, The Oblivion Borne. You are the antithesis of Atherion, the antithesis of Creation."

To be an Antithesis? Is it to be evil?

" 'Evil' is such an Organic way of thinking. Let me show you how We think."  

The darkness gave way to an expansive space of stars and galaxies, never-ending and expanding in all directions. A black being made of inking achromatic substance, the edges of It fazing as if Its very existence shouldn't be. 

The light of the ever-expanse of stars bending around the feminine figure as if not daring to touch it, afraid of being consumed by It. Its eyes are a dark, glowing, deep, velvety, soothingly calming texture. Its feminine figure reached an inky black hand toward my forehead, extending two fingers and pressing them against it. The first of Its fingers was icy and sent shivers down my spine. It was as if Death had reached in and touched my Aminea.

With that, my mind was flooded with information that only information a primordial being should know. 

I know. 

No, I feel everything...

"I know what I must do. My job is not evil. For evil does not constitute enough to classify what we must do.." 

It stepped forward and took my hands, her cold finger lacing through mine. Its Velvet eyes are digging into mine. "Let me show you who we are dealing with, my sweet Lorcan." 

I nodded. 

With that, my surroundings changed and morphed into that of us floating over a golden and green city, floating high up in the clouds in some unknown dimension. 

"This is The Pantheon, the home that was supposed to be yours, and yet your brother cast you and your sibling out into the unknown

"This is The Pantheon, the home that was supposed to be yours, and yet your brother cast you and your sibling out into the unknown. Some of the pantheon supported you, but the majority of the gods there worked towards killing your parents. Malcorath, Sovereign of the Infernal Realms, and Kryos, Harbinger of Entropy. They are the reason you and your sibling exist."

I need to act... 

It grabs my arm, stopping me from stepping out of the sky. "Don't, not yet. We have plenty of time to plan and develop something to take them down—for good." 

Its cold touch is soothing and relaxing against my ashened skin. I stare at it with my dark brown eyes. "Fine, teach me your ways, Oblivion, and when you deem me ready, I will gather my siblings. Only then will I exact my parents' revenge." 

I watch as the inky, all-consuming blackness crawls up my ashen skin as if it were alive. Slowly, it crawls up my forearms, covering my arms in It. As the darkness extends up my body, the chilling cold seeps deeper and deeper into my skin. The cold reaches deep into my body and deep into my Animea. The light bouncing from the nearby stars and galaxies starts avoiding my arms and shoulders, avoiding everywhere the inky blackness consumes. 

I shiver and give into the darkness, letting it crawl up my neck slowly and steadily. The coldness creeps up, expanding from the inside of my throat and outwards, stealing the air away from me as I collapse on my knees from the weight of the darkness.

It slowly crawls to my legs and eyelids before It crawls down my mouth and deeper into my throat, the coldness getting overwhelming as my neck black hands grasp at my neck with futile effort when the empty crushing of my lung almost gets too much. There is sudden relief in my chest and lungs, as if the darkness that now fills my entire being is giving me what I need to survive. 

I feel It, Oblivion, consume me completely. 

"I am now a part of you entirely. You may now give me a name." 

It gently grabs my chin and lifts me onto my feet, pulling me so close that I can stare into those deep velvet eyes. "Vox... It's fitting for something so mysterious, yet alluring." 

It looks at me for a while. "Vox? We like that." 

I smirk at It and gently take Its hand into mine, pulling its feminine figure closer, wrapping my arms around its waist and staring into its eyes; the purple field of haze in them slowly draws me closer to It. "Vox.."