Prologue

Heyyy my lovelies.

Yeah. I'm back. (Like I was ever gone, tf.)

I hope you like this one!!!!

Please let me know at the end if I should continue this or not.

I'm really excited because I love fantasy and magic and all that good shit. Please vote and comment and do all the stuff that makes me happy.

:)

**

The room is dark and lit with red candles, the eerie glow setting the mood for what was sure to be a dark discussion. Louis was already too tired to do this, if he was being honest, he just wanted to go to bed.

He sat slouched in a red chair, his father across from him, holding an alcoholic drink in his hand. Louis scowled.

"Why did you call me here?" His eyes were droopy, he just wanted to sleep. His father ignored him and curled his fingers around the flame of one of the candles, abolishing it before snapping his fingers and lighting it again. Louis watched him, bored out of his mind. "Father?" He mumbled, "What am I doing here?"

His father merely glanced at him, as if he was a fly on the wall. "I have a request for you, my son." Louis rolled his eyes mentally. Jesus Christ.

"Yes?"

"So you accept?"

"I'll accept once I know the task." Louis shoot back, knowing his father well enough to understand his strategy. The older man sighed and put down his drink. His hair had wisps of grey through it from many years running the kingdom. As much as Louis despised his father, he admired him. He had vanquished many enemies. One day Louis hoped to be as great as he.

"Louis," His father leaned forward, a strand of dark ebony hair falling across his forehead, Louis swallowed awkwardly. "You must understand, what I tell you cannot leave this room. And I cannot tell you if you do not accept beforehand."

Louis wrinkles his nose, "Father, I don't understand-"

"Do you accept?" His father stared into his eyes, his dark ones like coals burning reflecting in Louis' blue. His father rarely looked him in the eye, disgusted by the the water tones that Louis had inherited from his mother, a water princess, sold to their kingdom as a peace offering.

She had only been gone a few years now and Louis still hadn't gotten the guts to ask his father what had happened.

Louis glances down at him bouncing knee nervously, forcing it to stop in the presence of the king. "Yes." He whispers and his father stays silent in a condescending way that makes Louis angry. He narrows his eyes and looks at the shadow casted man. "Yes. I do."

His father wets his lips. "Good boy. I will send a guard to collect you in the morning." He brushes his knees and stands, adjusting his brooch, a red gem that clips his cloak together under his neck. Louis stutters.

"Um, wait..." His father strides towards the door, glancing back in impatience.

"I have duties, Louis, you must understand I do not tolerate whining." Louis' question was caught in his throat, a lump threatening to burst.

"Father, please. What is... you said you'd tell me." His fathers eyes are dark as they trail up from his son's shoes to his crown, perched in his hair daintily. He scowls.

"You're travelling to the Earth kingdom. We..." He smirks, "They're making a peace offering." Louis stares at him, mouth open slightly, shaking his head in confusion. His father unlocks the door, "You're to collect the prince, is that clear?"

Louis only nods and watches his fathers silhouette drift like a ghost down the hall, fire flickering between his fingers.

**

Let me know if we think this is cool.

Obviously other chapters will be longer than this but it's just setting out the main plotline.

<3