Prologue

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Please note that I does not have any ownership of the references used, if any, and they belong to their respective owners. The story is intended for the personal enjoyment of the reader and should NOT be copied, reproduced, or used for any commercial purposes without the author's permission.

Warning: This story contains sensitive topics, explicit language, graphic violence, disturbing imagery, and explores dark and unsettling themes. Reader discretion is advised, and it may NOT be suitable for all audiences.

- Beginning -

Never.

Never let someone change who you are.

Never let others hold the power to validate your worth.

Never pursue someone who isn't willing to be pursued.

Life is too short for feelings that were never pursued, gestures that were never made.

Don't let opportunities slip away and leave you with regret. However, I have already made some mistakes, and now I regret the choices I've made. Ganito ba talaga ang buhay? Kailangan ba talaga nating gumawa ng mga pagkakamali para lang matuto?

Normal ba talaga ang pagkapagod? Pero paano tayo magpapatuloy kung handa na tayong sumuko? It is either move forward or death. I do not want to die, so I chose to move forward.

I am willing to move on and leave the past where it belongs.

Yet, there is something that holding me back.

"I like you, sol. Gusto kita."

Those words, they were like the most romantic thing ever to me. 'I love you' perhaps. However, they also triggered feelings of fear and trauma.

"You are gonna have to do this next part on your own."

That's what I call fear. It's the fear of losing someone. You are scared to lose someone because you got so used to having them right by your side.

"What the fuck, kian!" I hissed. "You know, I would have given up everything for you! You... you know that I would have sacrificed anything just for you..." I cried.

Now, that's what I call trauma. Being traumatized by love. It's like you are now scared to give anything for someone, to take any risks.

"I- I lose myself for you..." My voice broke. "I...I was so desperate to have you that I was willing to let go of my friends... And you know what's the worst part, Kian?" I sobbed hard.

"I did not ask you-"

"I- I..." I couldn't talk because I was crying so hard that I couldn't even catch my breath. "I was almost willing to give up m-my education just to be with you..."

"Fuck, solene!" He hissed. "I did not ask you to do that." He said firmly.

Minsan, may mga bagay na handa natin gawin, para sa kapakanan ng isang tao. May mga bagay na kailangan natin ibigay, kahit hindi naman nila hinihingi.

That was the moment I decided to move on. I completely lost myself and struggled to find my way back. I kept searching for a flicker of light to bring me back to life, but nothing happened. It felt like loving him meant losing who I am.

"You look... perfect."

He used to admire me like I was his dream. He used to love my soul. He used to protect me from all the criticisms.

What happened to us? Oh, wrong question. Who is he?

"I will choose you, again, and again."

Words will always be just words, plain and simple.

We tried enough, we have faced failure. It wasn't a failure to love, but rather a failure to acknowledge that not every special person who enters our lives is meant to stay forever. Perhaps, I should admit that I failed to understand that not every word spoken is genuine and truthful.

I was genuinely grateful to have him in my life. He made me happy, and for that, I will always treasure the memories. It was a very short moment of experiencing what it feels like to be loved.

I willingly sacrificed my happiness in exchange for love. I failed to comprehend what is love.

Love is a wild ride that can either make you or break you. It has the power to completely consume your being, leaving you lost and struggling to find yourself again. Love is reserved for the brave souls who are willing to sacrifice everything and never back down. It's for those who truly grasp the unpredictable nature of love's twists and turns.

Love is like game, where the outcome determines whether you emerge as a winner or a loser. In the event of a loss, the consequences can be devastating, as you risk losing everything, including your own self.

And that game, is for people who knows how to play and finish the game.

- Continue to chapter 01 -