Chapter 08

The moment I opened my eyes, they all looked relieved. I tried not to give myself out. But I can not look at The General's eyes.

I carefully avoided his way and looked at MinMin. After all, from all the three present in the room, she was the safest bet I have right now.

"What happened?" Acting like I don't remember anything is the best way to navigate this situation.

"Miss... Oh.. miss... you fainted.. you were not waking up for 3 days. I was so scared. I think you had nightmares in the night as well.."

She sneakily looked at the other two demons. I pretended like I did not see anything.

"Oh.. okay.. What happened?..."

Suddenly, AYing sat down on the chair, took my wrist, and checked my pulse. What was wrong with this guy. Hasn't he heard of a tool called the stethoscope? Gosh. I remained calm. Well, as calm as possible, I can be. I gave him a small smile to reassure him.

"Do you... Did you remember anything?"

"No..." I was lying through my teeth and and I'm not a good liar....

"It's alright.... Take your time."

General wore a very eerily calm face. He was observing everything like a hawk. Nothing missed his gaze.

"Are you hungry?" AYing asked.

"I wouldn't mind some soup if you have any."

MinMin suddenly stood from where she was seated on the bed and ran.

I need to eat and ask her to get me some stationary. Since I have no phone with me, I have to do it the old-fashioned way and guard that book like I'm the Ceberus....

AYing seemed to be angry. But it wasn't aimed at me though. Which part was he angry about! After all, these two were in the same boat. I needed to be very, very careful with them around. I had to avoid The General for the time being and try to tackle AYing. Out of the two, he is the easiest.. I think... If my memories serve me right...

I need to get out. I need to get out fast. And this time it's them or me!!

I won't make the same mistakes I made last time and hinder me this time. I will plan this last escape meticulously. Yes... I can do it. I know it.

MinMin appeared just in time with my food. She brought a beautiful bed table. After arranging everything well, she stood up.

"MinMin help her to take a bath after her meal and get her walk in the garden....." MinMin nodded.

The General gave one last look at me and left, AYing followed a few minutes later. MinMin closed the door...

I started drinking my soup. MinMin opened the beautiful cupboard and took an outfit out, and arranged it on the bed. She went to the bathroom to fill the tub. And I kept taking slow sips of my soup while going through all the details.

***********************************
[Meanwhile, in The General's office...]

"Are you dumb or blind?" He was angry.

AYing didn't want to escalate the situation further, so he stayed calm and quiet. Usually, AYing was the smart one. While general was the bullheaded one.

But for once, AYing can see that AJong was, after all, very smart. 'So he figured it out... hmmm... not bad'..

"Huh, so you figured it out?"

"She is the worst liar and actor I have seen. Who does she think she's taking on a ride?"

"Shh.. shh... calm down. She will hear you. I think what she remembered and how she behaved was justified. After all, she doesn't know the truth. What if we tell her the details.. not everything but enough to let her understand what happened and why she should not run again."

"I don't know. Do you think that will work? Do you think she will listen and agree and accept?"

"You are.... why.. are you behaving like this?"

"I'm scared.. alright... I'm scared that we might lose her again and never see her ever again." AJong's confession shocked AYing... Because this was not something you would hear from this fearless General...

"Don't worry, I won't let that happen ever again. I promise you this time." AYing looked determined, and there was something sinister in his gaze.

The General was a little shocked because in their long friendship only once before he saw AYing like this, and it was not a happy ending for the other party in the end. So he nodded and agreed. The General was very well reassured this time!

***********************************

MinMin held her hand and helped me into the tub. It was warm and cosy. Tension left my body immediately. We were silent for a while.. When MinMin started shampooing my hair, I slowly dropped the question.

"MinMin, is it possible to get my a book and some stationary?".....

"Sure miss, I'll get it for you by the evening."

"Lovely... Thank you so much." And step one ... done... tick the box. 

After a long bath, I was dressed in a cotton linen dress and wore a pair of flat shoes. My hair was combed well, and MinMin took the liberty of dolling me up. In a way, MinMin was also a victim. I should not hold it against her.

After the bath, my mind was clear, and my heart was set. "Miss, let me help you to go downstairs...."

"No, MinMin. I can manage... Can you clean these things for me...? I'm sorry to ask this, though. "

"Oh miss, I'm here to serve you. It's no bother at all.. be careful then...."

I stood up from my seat and opened the door, and walked out. Everything was quiet as usual. I like quietness... it helps me to think better...

When I got to the garden, I found a beautiful, calm place and sat on the bench. It was the late afternoon... The sun was bright and everything looked lively.. well, it's time to plan...

[Ying and Jong with MinMin...]

"So...?" AYing asked..

"Promise me that you won't hurt her again."

"We promise... tell us... anything out of the ordinary?" AYing was getting a little irritated with her now. But it's all for Moon, so that's alright.

"She was very... peaceful. Like there was this aura about her like... she has made up her mind on something. Oh, and she asked for stationary and a book"

"Good.. you did well. Just accompany her. And report to us regularly." Jong said with a bit of authority.

MinMin nodded her head and left the office.

Now they were sure.. She's planning again. Let our Little Moon plan, and we also will plan... Sooner or later, she would realise that she had no escape....