Chapter 1

I woke up sore throat, headache, i had bruises all over my body. After the beating yesterday i ran into my room and locked the door. Joel came running to my room soon after trying to open the door. I had only asked him if i could go and meet my best friend Paula we were gonna do a Hunger games marathon.

He started mumbling about have to go meet a Vanessa girl? Then he started just like every night for the last 9 years punching and abusing me. It all started after my 8 year old birthday. Dad and Joel were pretty close

*Flashback*

"Daddy I shouted and ran to him. "What's wrong princess?" Dad asked in a concerned tone "Joel was trying to tickle me" I whined in response. Dad had an evil smirk on his face then he started tickling me.

I laughed so hard I started choking on air. Dad put me down right in time for the guests to arrive my grandma, grandpa, aunt, her husband and kids came, my best friend and some other kids from the neighborhood came.

They all sang the birthday song and I blew the candles they were eight. Mom cut the cake and gave me some then everyone else.

Suddenly dad fell everyone rushed to his side I ran to him to worried about my daddy my sight was blurry I rubbed my eyes a bit and found tears streaming down my face. Dad took my hand and squeezed it a bit so I looked up tears still streaming down my face.

He wiped my cheek and told me not to worry about him he would be fine. But he didn't tell the truth.

*End of flashback*

After that the ambulance came and took him and mom to the hospital. We ran for the cars with grandma and grandpa and rushed to the hospital.

Later that week dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He only had a few months left and being that young and losing a parent is hard.

_______________________

To be continued

Joking but still there will be another chapter just it takes a bit of a time to wright these things and it's summer break so I'm just chillin. Chillin the chili. That was not necessary. OKAY.

Please, comment and share or something
BTW sorry for a short chapter this is just to show some background story and pleas do tell me if I spell something wrong

And please don't copy the storyline if it's similar to yours I'm sorry but this is all from my mind but if I copy you it means on the bright side that I liked the idea yes? No? Okay.
Well baii