Prologue

Victoria's eyes wided in fear when she realized her mouth on her best friend Robynn McGraw's, neck, fangs sinking into her tanned flesh. Gasping, Victoria quickly removed her fangs from Robynn's neck, catching her when her body fell lifeless. She sank to her knees, clutching her best friend's body tightly to her chest, sobbing as hard as she could. Jasper, sensing his sister's despair, ran top speed towards her letting his victim fall to the mossy ground. When Jasper reached his devestated sister, he immedetly saw what had happened, Robynn was dead. He dropped to his kness, embracing Victoria with his bloodied arms. "Vicki," He said softly, lets go home, mum will know what to do." Victoria nodded subtly, tears slowing.

Jasper stood and reached a hand out to his sister, but she didn't take it.

"I can't leave her here, Jassi" She gulped.

" Come on, Vicki, it's fine, this has happened before" Jasper said, prying the dead girl from Victoria's
arms and helping Victoria up. He supported her the whole way home as she cried into his side,
When they arrived home, their mother, Leonora, was waiting worriedly on the an elegant black couch.
Leonora heard the front door swing open and rushed over to see what had happened. "Oh my," she whispered, covering her mouth with her hand when she saw the scarlet blood dripping from Victoria's lips, "what happened ?"

Leonora led the siblings over to the living room, supporting her daughter the whole way.
"Now, what happened ? " Compassion shone right through Leonora's, supposed to be, worried smile.
Victoria's breathing was labored as Jasper responded.

"Robyn's dead " he said, tears filling his eyes. Victoria nodded slowly, not letting more tears spill from her eyes

"Well," their mother said with a joyful smile, "now we have a reason to move to the London area."

"What ?" Victoria almost shouted.

"Yes, we're going to move to the old Wood's manor
for you two to go the best wizarding school near the Pacific"

"It's true" their father, Felix Lesso, said from the door way of
the room, "we discussed it last night"

"We did, you both are going to Hogwarts"