Chapter 47

What can be the possible reason for this woman to journey this long way and visit Jungkook?, she kept asking herself repeatedly

What can be the possible reason for this woman to journey this long way and visit Jungkook?, she kept asking herself repeatedly. Chaeyoung knew she was being uncharacteristically unreasonable: the Princess of Yuan, she rationalized with distinct mental discernment, must be some old acquaintance, his distant friend probably. Yes, who else could she have been? A forgotten love? Certainly not. Knowing her husband there is only two women in Jungkook's life who he has been in a romantically involved with. One was dahyun and other one is she. As started to musing rationally, chaeyoung experienced a light, lifting moment of relief. However she could not shake off that wave of possessiveness that deluged her mind.

Jungkook was issuing further instructions glancing at minji, his smile broadening. What a long time ago all that now seemed . . . Jungkook thought fondly back to his evenings with the vivacious yuan Princess. He could picture Tzuyu winding a strand of her black hair around her finger and smiling tauntingly.

"Make sure this man gets sumptuous food and a chance to rest enough as well as a fresh horse before he begins his return journey."

After they had gone Jungkook turned his attention to his wife. Chaeyoung wasn't smiling and seemed to be debating something as she eyed the parchment of letter in his hand suspiciously.

"You look disturbed?"

She didn't respond anything instead stared up at Jungkook, warring with a resurgence of emotions. Her throat tightened, and the anger threatened to pour from her in a storm of words he did not deserve to hear. Because he did not deserve to know her deepest thoughts. Her truest desires. How much she loves him. How much she cared for him. And how little it should matter. He is keeping secrets with her all the time.

"I am going to sleep, in my chamber. I don't think you need me here anymore." Chaeyoung tetchily lifted her chin and turned to leave but Jungkook snared her elbow as she passed him. He wouldn't let her get away

"You're not going anywhere." he insisted considerately.

Chaeyoung a's heart shuddered to a stop. "I feel exhausted." She refused to look his way.

"And angry with me," he added for her mellowly. She glared at him over her shoulder. He studied her features. With a better look at her expressive eyes, he was able to discover that she was actually furious at him.

"No. Irate."

"Let go of me."

Jungkook released her arm. "I understand why. I was remiss in not telling you about Tzuyu. I apologize. It won't happen again."

"Remiss?" chaeyoung yelled as she turned to him and let out a bitter laugh.

"I-"

She interrupted throwing questions over questions at him. "Who is this Yuan Princess to you anyway, emperor? Why should she write you this kind of personal letter. What is the purpose of her visit? And and what is the meaning of that words which she used to address you?" Chaeyoung threw all those questions at him in a single breath.