5. Jealousy Jealousy

"Jimin!" I yell from the door. "We're leaving!"
I hear something fall down inside and a small thud.
"Okay okay!" I finally see his fast walking out of our shared room. He's picking at his ear trying to fit his other earring in.
"Who's riding with who?" He asks as I shrug. I look over my shoulder to Namjoon.
"Let's just all go in one bus" Namjoon says "it's easier that way."
We all cram into one van and headed to the location. Eunwoo must've been balling because his house was fucking huge. It probably was a rental but large nonetheless. It was more modern with its pearly white walls and sleek roofing.
We all stare in awe and smile at each other. It feels like we're finally being let into the famous people club. Our dear maknae knocks on the door a few times a rings the doorbell. We hear music playing inside and footsteps approaching. The door opens and we're faced with a familiar faced.
"Hey Jungkook! So glad you came. I see you brought the whole squad with you." Eunwoo jokes with his beautiful smile. I've only seen it on tv a few times since Astro's debut last year but it definitely looks better in person. He pulls Jungkook into a hug which I felt like last a second too long.
"Thank you for inviting us, is there a lot of people inside?" Jin asks.
Eunwoo smiles again, "Uh yeah there's quite a few people in here. Please come in come in." He hold the door open for us as we walk in.
Inside were high class kpop celebrities that we only get to briefly meet at award ceremonies when they're all glammed up. Here, they dressed more casual and mingled with one another. Loud kpop music blasted through the house and a karaoke machine was set up in the corner to sing. I feel like a little kid again seeing fireworks for the first time. I've entered into a world where I'm able to hang out with real celebrities. I try to contain my excitement because I know they'll all human like me.
As the door closes,  a small group of people walk up to us.
"Hello," they bowed and so did we. They introduced themselves but I've recognized them from tv.
It was a group of 4, Lee SeungHoon and Song Minho from Winner and Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo of Seventeen.
"I'm sorry to get all shocked but it's really an honor to meet you." Mingyu said. "Congratulations on your first daesang last year." He gave a little clap which was barely audible over the music.
"Would you guys like a drink?" Minho asked and we mingled in with them.
Eunwoo eventually came over to talk with the group as well but he usually clung around Jungkook. As I went to talk to other people and grab a few drinks, I couldn't help but notice how much Eunwoo would just stay by Jungkook's side.
Every time I looked in his direction, Eunwoo was right there, laughing at a joke or whispering something in his ear.
I urged myself not to go up to Jungkook. It wouldn't end well if I did.
I leaned against the drink bar counter and stared at the alcohol in my hand. I talked to so many people tonight so why did I feel like I haven't talked to anyone? Or is it that I haven't been with the right person the entire time? I down my drink before I could finish the thought. And now that I realize, I needed to use the bathroom.
***

I knew looking around the mansion for a bathroom would be like going through an escape room so I asked Eunwoo. The bathroom was in a random hall which was disconnected from where the party was being held. The further I went down the foyer, the quieter the once booming music got and it was peaceful as I did my business.
As amazing as this house is, it's like maze finding my way back. I walked through doors and somehow ended up in the same spot. I tried following the music but at some point it was the same volume and I was stuck in a loop.
After like 10 minutes of wandering, I decided to settle in a bedroom. The bedroom was quite small and with a queen sized bed tucked in the corner.
I sink into the bed and lay there. I love hanging out with people but for some reason today I feel sad. I try not to ponder on it but the more I push away the thought, the angrier I get for not knowing the core to my strange emotions.
For some odd reason, my mind kept running back to how Jungkook would smile at everyone else and how well he spoke. He's grown a lot.
I unconsciously smile but the happiness turns to alert when I hear the creak of the door echo into the room. I sit up on the bed, suddenly scared that I'm not supposed to be in here.
Like almost on cue, Jungkook walks in with his timberlands and white tee. It's his usual outfit but it's also paired with a black leather jacket.
"Oh tae, what are you doing here?" He asks with his eyes wide like a deer in headlights.
"Couldn't find my way back after going to the bathroom." I shake my head "this place is huge man."
Jungkook looks around the room and sits down next to me. "For real, yet it was so hard trying to lose people. They were all asking for my number and stuff but you know how tired I get when I get a little tipsy." He leans back into his hands and let's put a deep sigh.
"I just came here to breathe a little. The alcohol is really getting to me."
Jungkook always seem outgoing and extroverted but he's really just trying to live up to his image as the perfect maknae. Inside he's timid and quite shy, but of course that's only something only the rest of the members and I know.
A comfortable silence falls between us but I could feel the urge to say something. I know he's itching to find a conversation too.
Instead I just slump back down onto the bed and stare up at my phone. Clicking it open to see the time, it reads 9:30pm. Jungkook lays down next to me and I pretend to not feel his eyes burning into my cheek.
"So, how was Eunwoo?" I ask without looking at him.
"He's doing good as usual. He said their group getting bigger and his acting career is really taking off." He says. "But I think it's mostly because he's attractive."
I continue to blindly scroll on my phone. I was the one who asked the question but I didn't like the answer.
"That's cool." Another beat of silence arose.
"But it's okay Tae cause I think you're way more attractive." He grins and I scoff. I put the phone down with tired arms and finally turned to face him.
"Really? What part of me is more attractive than the Cha Eunwoo?" I ask sarcastically.
I watch his eyes darting around my face.
"This," he says and suddenly glides his thumb down my bottom lip. I'm so stunned by the sudden action that I jerk my head away. A lump forms in my throat but I manage to swallow it down.
"Woah calm down," I let out a nervous giggle and put my hand on top of his to stop it . "I think the alcohol is really getting to you." Suddenly laying in a bed with him started to feel strange.
"Tae" he says, "can I kiss you?" I look him in the eyes and his expression is sunken. The suddenly has some weight to it. It's too suffocating.
My breath staggers as I watch him lick his lips. The situation has changed so quickly I couldn't process what was going on.
I sit up and let go of his hand, my eyes trying to look for an excuse. I grasp my face and breathe deep breaths.
"Um, I'm gonna go ask everyone else if they're ready to leave yet and uh, I need...I need to get some water." As I stand and rush to the door, Jungkook sits up again. I can't see him once I'm on the opposite side of the door and the lump in my throat grows bigger. It takes me a moment to realize that the music had grown a bit softer. It seems as though we'll still be stuck under the same roof for a bit longer.