I. Fresh Start

Warnings: Profanity, possible darker themes,
I don't own the characters of Attack on Titan, nor do I own you, pictures not mine.
___________________________________________

Y/N L/N, or rather, the girl who'd never felt the touch of a man, just like everyone described you. You were always an ugly kid. An ugly kid who could never even dream of feeling loved by the opposite gender. That's what they always told you, at least.

You never had trendy clothes. You never had perfectly straight and white teeth. You never cared enough to put on make-up, and even if you tried, the others were always quick to recite the 'lipstick on a pig' quote to you.

You tried your hardest to fit in, but no one ever seemed to appreciate your efforts. Well, except for one person. The one person you deemed as your safe haven, who you could always rely on. The only male person who never turned their back against you.

Reiner. His name was Reiner Braun. He was always nice and kind, even to a supposed outcast like you. He's never treated you differently... well, at least not in front of his friends.

You thought you could trust him. You thought you could rely on him to wipe away your tears when you were feeling sad.. And just when you formed a small kind of puppy crush on him, something changed your entire perspective of him.

You called out his name once, unfortunately for you, he happened to be surrounded by his friends at that time. Not just his friends. Your main bully as well. Eren Jaeger, the rich and popular boy who's shoulder was always occupied by some girl.

He disliked you greatly, and his only reason was your face. He hated your face and words that came out your mouth to such extent, that he even broke his rule of not hitting women.

So, when you tried to act friendly with your only friend in the egotistical brown haired boy's presence, not only did Reiner stop talking to you completely. To add the salt to the wounds, he started partaking in the daily beat up sessions with Eren, just to make himself fit in better.

A poor girl, only ever pitied by her parents, since not even the teachers were willing to help. And because of your poor financial state, you couldn't even move schools, because they cost too much in your area. Your only choice was to suck it up and hope that you'll graduate middle school.

A poor, ugly girl.
That's what you were.
That's what you'll always be.
A poor girl no one cares about.
That's what you always thought at least.

"Mom, I'm fine!" You groaned. It was currently five AM, and you were on a freaking call with your mother, who was adamant about knowing how you were faring.

You've just moved out of the house. Now you'd be sharing a room with another girl your age, and your mom was more than worried. Her sweet little fragile daughter taken away from her, just how could she accept that? It took a while, but she didn't have a choice but to accept the fact as it was.