Ch - 4 | Promise

(After One Day)

Oh, Aziel was sitting in his chair and working when suddenly, a loud crash echoed through the room,

"Holy sh!t"
Aziel cursed under his breath as it suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks-

The thing he had been ignoring for days. The realization washed over him, bringing a wave of frustration and regret.

The weight of neglecting the issue now bore down on him, urging him to confront it head-
on before it spiraled out of control.

Aziel's heart sank as he remembered the promise he made to his adoptive grandma.

The memory flooded back,
as she refused to undergo surgery for her coronary artery disease.

The weight of his commitment to her weighed heavily on his conscience, reminding him of the vow he had made to always take care of her.

The thought of breaking that promise gnawed at him, fueling his determination to find a solution to help her despite her refusal for surgery.

He whispered underneath,
' What do I do now? I'm already so obsessed with my little moon!! Even if she avoids me-
But still I can never marry anyone else except her!! I'll have to do something!! '

Aziel's adoptive grandma had a heartfelt wish of seeing him get married and welcoming her granddaughter, but Aziel had been avoiding the topic altogether as he was not interested in marriage or relationships with women.

However, everything changed when he met Luna- Her presence in his life sparked a newfound interest and feelings he had never experienced before.

*FLASHBACK BEGINS*
( One Month Ago )

"Grandma I can't!!"
He spoke, getting irritated by his adoptive Grandma's wish, he harshly twisted his fingers.

"You!! Can't you see your only grandma dying here? So will you not fulfill my last wish?"
She dropped her innocent act to make Aziel convinced for the marriage she fixed for him.

"Grandma!! You know I love you but don't take advantage of this!!"
He tried to call himself but he was indeed frustrated.

"Dear! It's for your own good also! And I'm telling you!! If you don't get married!
I'll refuse the surgery and I MEAN IT!"
She glared at him and stated her final decision.

"But-"
As he was about to say something, he got interrupted by her grandma.

"You are getting married to Sofia, she's a well behaved girl! Even though I haven't met her-
but I can still sense it! Okay? Her name is
Sofia Andrade!!"
She said in a calm voice, And Aziel didn't have any other options rather than nodding at her stupid decision.

Even though Aziel was a man of his words,
But he also couldn't let His Adoptive grandmother harm herself As he loved her dearly, And she was his only family-

While her Adoptive grandmother whispered underneath making sure Aziel doesn't sense it.
' My dear, I know you hate women-
After whatever happened to you...
but I also can't let you live in darkness, And what if I die through this surgery?
Who'll take care of you then?
I just want to lighten your world with someone who understands your pain
and lessen it,
I want you to smile which you have forgotten completely,
I want you to appreciate people which you never showed any concern to,
I want you to learn how to love- which you've never been taught how to? '