Chapter 1: First hours.

A forest is the most dangerous place for a baby to be, especially when it was born just minutes ago.

So many dangers lurking around, all the Pokemon that might want to steal, or even eat the poor egg... But none of them do.

And so, the lonely and blue egg remains atop the shady hill, swaying gently from side to side as the wind blows in its way.

And then a crack appears in the shell, splitting the top half of the egg away from the other half. It shakes violently, with whatever laid dormant inside, now eager to get out.

The egg dropped to its side as the creature inside kicked it, causing it to roll down the small hill and smash into a tree with a loud THUD!

But it didn't break. Not fully, that is. A set of black, small paws kicked through the bottom half, now standing up in confusion as it turned from side to side.

It shook violently again, with whatever was inside struggling to get out of its accursed confines. So it kicked, and it punched, as hard as its little paws let it.

Punch, after a punch, after a punch, but the egg did not give up. In a moment of desperation, the Pokemon ran around frantically, in foolish hopes of outrunning his cage.

It wasn't until he crashed into a rock did he finally stop, putting the age of darkness behind, with a blinding light shining into his eyes and blinding him temporarily.

The small Riolu lifted his paw up to his eyes, blocking the sunlight from entering his fresh set of eyes and shielding them from the intense bright.

He felt the warm sunrays peek at his skin from underneath all his fur, warming him and soothing his nerves. The cold wind nullified the other's effect, making it the perfect day to be born on.

Riolu took a deep breath as his eyes slowly got used to the sun, now opening them fully and getting his small arm away from his face.

He looked around himself, checking out the environment he found himself in. Lush forests surrounded the small hill he was on, blushing with all the different vibrant colours.

He turned his gaze to the sky, staring up into the blue abyss that stretched out forever above him.

A sudden and loud flutter of wings startled the poor, young Emanation Pokemon, making him immediately snap his vision to the source of the sound only to find...

Nothing. A single black feather slowly descended down to the ground from high above, dancing in the wind and eventually making its way to the hatchlings paws.

Riolu stared at it, as if it was a gift from the heavens. He looked around again to check if there was really nobody here... Sure enough, he was all alone on the hill, just as lonely as he was in the middle of the forest.

He looked back at the cracked and shattered pieces of his egg, still bound to it by a viscous and long strand of a strange substance sticking to the side of his hind paw.

Shaking his leg viscously to get it off of himself, Riolu lost balance and stumbled backwards, curling up into a ball as he rolled down the hill and into the forest surrounding him.

The branches and bushes he hit cracked and snapped loudly as he rolled through them, completely unstoppable and like and uncontainable force hurdling through the flora.

Thankfully, all things must come to and end, and so did his unfortunate roll with an also unfortunate crash into a rock. He came to a sudden halt as the back of his head connected with the stone.

Riolu immediately grabbed the back of his head, wincing in pain and letting a few teardrops slip from his eyes as the pain echoed through his whole body.