Chapter 4: Party (Victoria)

"No!" My mom screamed when she saw Andrea's state on the floor of the metro. I can't believe it. She's dead. This is like a scene straight from a horror movie, or a nightmare. My worst nightmare has become reality.

 Fuck!

This cant't be happening, it can't. That's when i spottred Mara and Asher running towards us. Asher was as close to Andrea as I was. He had been the perfect big brother, not only fro Andrea but for me and Mara too. He was the oldest of us. He was six years older than me and Andrea. Seven years older than Mara. I was suddely pulled out from my memories byt an arm jolting me back and forth. 

When i came back to my senses, I wasn't looking at only Alex anymore, but there was Sky, Tristan, Sophia, Olivia, and Brook standing over me looking worried. And Alex was not longer on the floor but was kneeling in front of me with his hand on my shoulder. 

"What happened? When did you guys get here?" I blacked out and had no idea what happened outside of my memories. This happened evry time I had a panic attack. I wasn't aware of anything besides what i was remembering.

"I-- You blacked out after your panic attack. And that's when they showed up. I assume they heard something, or someone was being nosy and decided to track your phone." After Alex finished his sentence, he started eyeing Brook with a suspicious expression.

Brook just ingnored him and turned to me, "Are you ok now?"

"Yes, i think i just needed to cool down" She gave me a sceptical look, but I ignored it.

"Well, we have a 'Welcome Back' party to plan, so we better get going." 

Right, the party. I did one last year, and Asher did them every year when he was a student here. May he rest in peace. 

"Yeah, my brother mentionned that when he was a freshman there was a guy named Asher Hartz who organized them evry year. Are you guys related or do you just have the same last name?"

"No, he was my brother. Just another Hartz sibling that passed away. He died from cancer though." I made peace with his death a while ago. It couldn't have been avoided because it was terminal cancer. I mean chemo was an option, but he didnt want to do it. it had a pretty small chance of working and he wanted to spend his last months happy, and not in chemo.

"Ok, enough melancholy. Let's plan this party!" Brook was always this enthusiastic.

***

Three hours later, we finished planning the party and started sending out invitations. The second day of school always started at like, three pm, because there was a school board meeting. Every year. Perfect time for a party.

We started ordering the food, and sending out the invitations, all that when my phone rang.

I picked it up from the table and saw it was my mom calling. 

"Yes, hi mom, I'm in the middle of organising the welcome back party so can it wait?"

"No honey, it can't ."

"Ok..."

"Am ceva important să îți zic. Dura trebuie să răspunzi la o întrebare înainte."

"OK, what is it?"

"Băieții care au venit, le știi numele de familie?"

"Um, so Alex's last name is Antonova—"

"Nu el,"

"Ok, um Sky and Tristan's last name is Jones. I think. Why?"

"Ascultă-mă, tu, și cu Andrea și Asher și Mara, you aren't ours. We adopted you when you and Andrea were one and a half, Asher was seven and Mara was only a couple months old."