Unexpected Encounters

Mia gazed out of her bedroom window, her eyes lost in the vastness of the starry night sky. She was a prisoner within the walls of grandeur, her only company being the maids and guards who attended to her every need.
Being an only child from a broken family, Mia had grown up in the midst of her parents' bitter divorce. Their once-happy household had crumbled, leaving behind a void that seemed impossible to fill. Though her parents were from influential and wealthy families, they had chosen to support Mia alone, each having moved on to start new families of their own leaving her behind all the bitterness of life.
Mia was a naive and introverted soul, her innocence protected by the walls of her mansion. Her days were filled with mundane routines and empty conversations. She yearned for something more, something that would make her heart flutter with excitement and her soul come alive.
Little did Mia know that just beyond her mansion's walls, fate was preparing to weave a story that would change her life forever. It was on a quiet Sunday evening, as the sun set and cast a golden glow over the town, that Mia first laid eyes on him – Sir Lorenzo, her new values teacher.
Sir Lorenzo lived in a house just a stone's throw away from Mia's mansion. He was a tall and handsome man, with a gentle smile that seemed to hide a world of secrets. Mia had noticed him before, their paths crossing occasionally as he walked by her house on his way home from school at first He really had a bad impression on him since she knows him as a values teacher in junior high and he fucking hates teaches specially values since she believed they teaches us sweet stories and never the sad reality of life. But it was on that particular evening that their encounter took on a different meaning.
As Mia ventured out into the garden, seeking solace among the blooming roses, she saw Sir Lorenzo across the street, engrossed in a book. He looked up from his pages and caught her gaze, their eyes locking for a brief moment. Mia felt a jolt of electricity surge through her body, as if an invisible bond had formed between them.
Snapping herself she rolled her eyes unknowingly and ran to the door of her mansion.  "What the hell was that Mia?" She whispered to herself with disgust evident on her voice
As she walks through her room she grabbed a bottle of beer on her fridge, it was already her routine to gets drunk until she passes out already since she has trouble sleeping. She was only 17 and she has gone through a lot of traumas from her parents and that includes the times she was almost raped for trying to find her parents in the middle of the nights unconsciously, it was an unconscious acts that she is trying to overcome for years now.
Mia was studying at one of the universities her moms family owned and unlike before that she can managed to have grades without coming to school and doing all the tasks, her Lola became strict to her that it always makes sure Mia goes to school regularly which is a bit of headache for Mia, since she hates school so much, she was born smart and a fast learner kid, in fact she was really an active student before when she can still consider her family intact and happy, she never wants to disappoints her parents but her parents disappointed her and that made her hates school so much and thinks schools only teach students to obey and respect their parents which she thinks is some sort of nonsense, what kind of parents would left their child really?
She snapped at her thoughts when her classmates greeted someone in front, she thought it was their vacant, it turns out they still have a values subject even in senior high and it's their scheduled time for that subject that she was not informed due to her absenteeism
"Good afternoon Class" said the teacher in front while roaming his eyes in the room
" We have a new student? Transferee ba?"
Kim: "no sir, absingera Kasi"
Laughters filled the four corners of the room bringing annoyance to her.
She stands up carrying her bags and was about to leave the room when she was stopped by an authoritative voice
"Anong ginagawa mo?" -Sir
"This a values education class and you dare show that attitude" the teacher added
Due to her bad temper and annoyance, she couldn't control herself to respond "values my ass, Sorry Mr. I wasn't interested in your class and I'm doing the honor to leave already and not disturb your class as sign of respect, what's wrong with that?" She said in a sarcastic manner and the room was filled with  silence, everyone in there is shocked, she was known because of her thug life personality but never the one who talks balk to teachers before. Even the teacher is shocked and couldn't processed what just happened immediately that he was left looking at the door where she left a while ago..
"I'm sorry class, who was that student a while ago?"
"Sir Mia De Belen po" "pagpasensyahan niyo na sir, malaking po talaga ulo non since her mother owns this school po pero gulat rin po kami sir” the class president said
"ohh, it's okay. I'm just stocked anyways can finish na lang what you were doing, let's have an agreement ok? Do that and pass it tomorrow"
"Yes sir” the class
”Ok bye class” he said and left the room. He immediately made her way to the the directors office since he recalled an agreement the director was asking him but he rejected it since he just wants peace in his work life but remembering what just happened interests him, the teacher in him felt alive that she wanted to teach that child a lesson. He knocks on the door and was immediately given a permission to enter.
"Ma'am have you forgotten about the deal?”- he asks
"No.. why?.. don't tell me you're interested already, ohh dear please, help me with my granddaughter”-the director said
"I got it ma'am, she's a real deal though, she shocked me a while ago and lm still shocked up to now"- teacher
”oh dear god, yes, thank you sir, I promise I'll give you what you want" director
"it's okay ma'am, it's a teachers job anyway"
Sir Lorenzo's eyes held a hint of understanding. "Loneliness can be a heavy burden to bear. But sometimes, unexpected encounters can change everything.
What can this unexpected encounter can bring to Mia's life? Will it be an opportunity to change? Or just another burden to bear?

End