chapter 08

Javier's POV...

Her reaction was immediate once we arrived - she was captivated by the restaurant's ambiance. Every detail formed a smile on her face, and the lights above us made her eyes glimmer with excitement. Her beauty consumed my thoughts entirely in that moment; she was a vision to behold.

After finding a table, we motioned for the server and placed our food orders. Our drinks arrived shortly after, and we engaged in conversation to fill the time. She began to laugh out loud...

She vulga doh, nuh likkle broughtupsy

Oi watch how yah talk

Weh yah guh do? Spit pan mi?....Thought so

I was watching her while her laughing fit came to an end, I didn't even realize I was staring until she acknowledged it.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" she asked. Now dumbfounded I say what has been on my mind, " Kiara yuh pretty enuh", I smiled.

Gi d oman butterflies

How yuh mean, affi mek she feel nice

I then whispered under my breath, " That's why mi love yuh..". 

" Huh?", I heared her ask.

Shit mi seh dat out loud

Likke ediot, yuh shouldn't even seh it

Ahh, weh mi ago tell har now fi back dis up

Nuh ask me...

The room was now filled with awkward silence, the tension in the air was so thick, mi nah guh lie mi feel like mi did a suffocate. The food came soon enough, and so ofcourse we started eating. I couldn't take the silence anymore, once I opened my mouth to speak, she said something.

" So you like me?", she put her fork down on her plate and asked. " Well, yeh..", I said turning my head away from her's to avoid eye contact. " I'm not saying there's no chance at all, but you have to give me some time", she replied.

" Anyways let's not make this awkward Jay, we're still good", she smiled.

Bomba, big sigh a relief awhile ago

Weh yuh find har? Mi wah one

Stop objectifying the ladies..

Sorry sir

Everything went back to normal as if I said nothing, we were laughing-

Off a people

Kiara nah nuh mannaz, a tell mi seh d man a d bar nah nuh hair, bout dat look like wig.

We eventually left, the drive home was the same as usual. She played music and did her karaoke, neva yet find a girl mek mi laugh suh. " Jay sing a song nuh", she whined. 

" Kiara avoid mi, mi nah sing nuh song", I said laughing pushing the phone back towards her. " Yuh juss boring suh", she hissed. We then arrived at her house only to see a car parked in front of it.

" Shit..", she said and pulled the door as I stopped the car. I soon followed behind her, once I entered I saw her searching the first floor. I asked her what was wrong, she then explained, " The car outside was Davion's", she replied panicking.

I calmed her down, held her hand a guided her up the stairs. I pushed the door open only to see Davion sitting on her bed.

" Weh yah do a mi yaad Davion?!", Kiara exclaimed. " Ey gyal watch how yah address mi", he replied.

"Who d bo- who yah talk to suh?", I asked pulling Kiara slightly to my side. 

" Javier calm down", Kiara responded. " Suh a new man yuh get or wah?", Davion asked walking over to her dresser.

" Even if I did, dat wouldn't be none a yuh business, suh yuh can come out and stop touch mi things?!"

" Kiara, stop pass yuh place wid mi", Davion looked over at her.

" Suh a wah yuh ago do?", I asked. " From me deh yasso yuh cya touch har, who yuh feel yuh be." 

" A one fight yuh wah? Cause mi can more dan gi yuh weh yah look fah..."

Kiara's POV..

" A one fight yuh wah? Cause mi can more dan gi yuh weh yah look fah...", Davion responded to Javier's comment. " D two a unu can calm down, it nuh as serious as unu a mek it seem. Javier come out", I said turning to look at him.

He looked down at me slightly confused, " Javier just go, stay outside in the car.". He walked out and slammed the door without a word.

Can know seh a pissed him pissed off yah now

Mi seh, mi ago talk to him when mi done..

" Why are you here?", I asked making my way over to him. " Mi juss did wah tell yuh mi sorry, and mi still love yuh...", he replied and held onto both my hands.

" Oh suh a tek yuh tek mi fi ediot?.... Come out!", I shouted pulling my hands out his, tears streaming down my face. " Kiara, just calm nuh and mek mi talk", he said.

" Wah deh deh fi explain Davion?! Yuh cheat pan mi wid mi bestfriend, and pon top a dat yuh laugh when yuh did a tell Jay wi leff!!" 

He looked down at me, his eyes filled with a mix of amusement and superiority, and said, "You're lucky I even gave you a choice in the first place, so you better come while mi still a ask." I laughed, " A sick yuh sick inna yuh head or somethin? If you nah leave me a leave", I responded making my way out the door.

I was then pulled back by a sudden grab of my hand, " Look like yuh neva hear wah mi seh d first time, is either yuh come or yuh dead, choose one". His words left a shocked expression on my face, I reached over to grab the Vase on the small table next to me and striked as hard as I could. 

He let my hand go and held his head, I started to run off and he threw a glass picture frame, I saw as it hit the wall in front me. I ran down the stairs as he shouted my name, I saw Javier at the door and told him to open it.

He picked up on what was happening, grabbed me and opened it. We made our way to the car, and I saw Davion making his way out the door, " Javier hurry up and drive!", once I spoke he sped off into the distance.

We're still driving, heading over to his place. My legs were shaking vertically, my anxiety now kicking in, once Javier realized this he held my hand. I looked over at him, but he was still focused on the road, I held onto his while I took a small sigh of relief. 

I'm really sorry it took me so long to update, the struggle is real. I know it's not much but i'm working on chapter 9 so hopefully ya'll get it in the next 2-3 days. I hope you have a great rest of your day/night, I love you allll🤍✨.

Please vote📥

Comment💬

Share🗣

Ba-byeee✨🤍