𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐦.

Glenn's POV.

Secret by definition means not known or seen as well as not meant to be known or seen by others. Example— my greatest weakness.

"You haven't told them yet?" First she asks me to get her the test while on my run to the pharmacy and now this?

Shane and Rick just about made their way up the trail back from their search— no Sophia. Looking into Lori's pleading eyes was too much so I turned quickly on my heels and scrammed.

It's as if I have a billboard plastered to my forehead informing everyone within miles to talk to me. The worst thing I can do is make conversation with anyone right now. It might slip like word vomit.

"Glenn? Are you mad at me?" Nate scared the shit out of me on a good day. I can't imagine what he'd think after he finds out and puts it together that I knew the entire time. "Uh no, why would I be?"

He was now walking beside me. "I don't know. You sped past me while I was trying to talk to you." Did I pass him? This is what I'm talking about. I'm already sweating. "Dude are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Sorry I was lost in my own head."
He seemed to buy it. Maybe I'm getting better at this? No. It's only a matter of time.

Nathan's POV

Nathan's POV.

Dale was one of the few people that didn't make me feel as useless as I felt. I was walking beside him as we each carried a bucket of water back to the caravan.
"What's with the Annie Oakley routine?" He asked.

Andrea looked over her shoulder at us as she stood on watch. "I don't want to wash clothes anymore. I want to help keep the camp safe. Is that alright with you?"
He turned to me with a look of devastation.

"I'll take it." Dale retrieved the bucket from my grasp.
Once he walked off Andrea went back to looking over the fields. "That was a bit harsh, don't you think?"
She only acknowledged me with a loud heavy sigh.

"Oh come on. You're really going to ignore the camp cripple? That's cut throat." My position faltered going to stand at the head of the RV.

From up on the roof she looked down at me. Probably because she knew I wouldn't leave without her acknowledgment. "You know where I'm coming from."

"I do but realistically how long are you going to be pissed at him?" She gave me a smug feel as she clapped back. "I don't know. How about I ask you the same question."

I knew she was talking about Shane since we were together at the church when I found out.

Mimicking the motions of my throat being cut and releasing a forced cough my eyes widen. My hand shot up to wrap around my invisible slash. Choking noises escaped my barely open lips as I slightly hunched forward. It was an award winning theatrical performance.