CHAPTER 01: TROUBLE MAKER

Alexus's Pov

Having just submitted his thesis for the upcoming defense, his ticket to finally graduate from the BSBA-Financial Management program, he was leaving the office and walking towards the gate to go home. He noticed that students were gathered around, creating a ruckus and even screaming.

Alexander witnessed the two women engaged in a fierce catfight, scratching and pulling at each other's hair in a fit of rage. The students' voices grew louder and more excited, piquing Alexander's curiosity. He walked towards the commotion, eager to find out what was happening.
He saw Cassandra involved in the altercation, fiercely pulling and kicking another woman.
He was immediately dismayed by Cassandra's aggressive behavior.

"What is happening here? Why are you all just standing and watching? And you, Cassandra, you are such a violent woman," he exclaimed, quickly intervening and pulling her away, causing her to stumble onto the pavement.
He then helped the woman who was lying on the ground, who was now in tears.

"She suddenly attacked me out of nowhere. That woman is so arrogant! She's saying that no one should have feelings for you!" That's what the woman with bruises and torn clothes said.

In my mind, I didn't care about what happened, but when I became the reason, I immediately felt the need to intervene.
Cassandra stood up from the pavement, dusting off her clothes, and glanced at Alexus.

"It's true that you fantasize about him. I didn't know you spiked his drink with a sleeping pill that was in his locker," Cassandra pointed at Patty, accusingly.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! Why do you even care? You're not his girlfriend," Patty retorted, looking at Cassandra.

"Let's explain this to the guidance counselor. I just want to go home," Cassandra said, walking away from the school premises.

"Wait, Alexus, I'll come with you," Cassandra walked towards me, hesitantly.

"Please stop obsessing over me. I will never like you," I turned away, leaving her standing there with a blank expression.

I dislike clingy girls like her. Plus, she's not my type. I also know she's spoiled and narrow-minded. As soon as I stepped outside, I immediately saw the car that would pick me up.
I arrived home peacefully, no longer thinking about Cassandra. Unfortunately, she happened to be their neighbor. Her parents were close friends with mine, which made matters worse. That wicked girl would often cause trouble here. As I was about to enter the house, I overheard them talking.

I turned the doorknob slowly and quietly, trying to listen to their conversation.

"Honey, I think it's time we arrange their marriage," Mommy's voice came through as she spoke to Dad.

I couldn't help but wonder who they were talking about. I scratched my head in confusion. I was about to greet them when Dad spoke up.

"You're right, honey. They're grown up now, and there's no one else I want for Alexus but Cassandra."

My ears perked up at Dad's words. Were they out of their minds? Was I supposed to marry that wicked girl?

"What! Dad! What are you saying? Are you out of your mind? Have you both lost it?!" I dropped the bag I was carrying.

"Don't raise your voice at me, Alexus. You know that before your grandfather passed away, he entrusted us with the arrangement that our children should marry the children of Cassandra's parents. It's a tradition when there's a boy and a girl," his father explained.

"Grandfather said that? I thought it was just a joke! You can't force me to be tied to that wicked girl!" I stormed off, heading towards the staircase to go to my room.

"Alexus, come back here!" Dad shouted as he saw me leaving.
I'm currently in my room. I called my friend Hermes, who is also handsome like me.

The phone rang and he immediately answered my call.

"Oh Alexus, you called. What's the problem?" he asked me.
“ I am just annoyed with the witch woman," I said to Hermes.
“ Woah?! I think I know who is that woman. That is Cassandra, right?" he said.

“ Yeah, that annoying woman keeps pestering my life. My late grandfather wants us to get married bro, " I said.
“ Okay but is it okay for you to get married? She is beautiful and rich," he said.

“ No, I will not be married to that lunatic witch, not in my entire life," I said with anger. She builds my blood.

“ Calm brother, just be cool don't you will regret it later? What if someone takes her? "Hermes said with a funny tone.

“ Are you kidding me? Not in my entire life I will be head over heels to her."

“ Well, good luck with that. Just be mindful and do not regret the end."Hermes said to me seriously.
“ Okay, bro! See you later bye."I bid goodbye to him.
I am thinking about what should I call off the engagement. I am sure that girl will be happy over the moon when she hears the news.

It is 9:00 P.M. and I need to sleep because I have to think about how to escape this entanglement to her.

Dad and Mom were eating breakfast when I went down for a meal. I look at them with an angry face.
“ Good morning son, take a sit and eat with us. "Dad gestures me to sit beside him.
“Good morning dad and mom",I glances at mom who is busy eating a sunny side up egg.

I sit beside dad and started to eat breakfast.The atmosphere is awkward because of my attitude last night.
“ Son you should consider being engage with Cassandra.You know we know here since a long time so I am happy if you decided to marry her." Dad started to talk about what happen yesterday.

“ Dad you know that I do not want to settle down.I am just 22 years old.I want to enjoy my bachelor life."I said grumpily to him.
“ You know that we are just concern for what is good with you." Dad stare at me with a serious look.
“ My dear son you should consider the advise of your dad he just want the best for you,"my mom said with a tender look.
“ Mom and Dad you all know that Cassandra is like a little sister to me. I will never look at her in other way," I said to my parents.

“ Okay but we will give you one month for you to decide", dad said.
“ Okay I will just do that for you." I just said it to them for them just to stop pushing me for the engagement.
“ Oh! My dearest Cassandra. You are now here will it is good for the both of you," Mom just said when she noticed that Cassandra is here.
“ Good morning aunt and uncle. I just want to check on Alexus." She said while looking at me lovingly.
I really felt irritated just looking at her face. What is she doing here? Is she just want to pester my life.