Chapter 3: Great crossroads.

Riolu sighed as Decidueye continued his rambling, going on about how he should stay at his treehouse.

The offer sounded enticing, sure, but how could he know for certain that the Arrow Quill Pokémon doesn't want to do bad things to him?

He would gladly accept the bigger Pokémon's offer if not for that one issue. Riolu could not trust him.

But then again, when has that ever stopped him? The Emanation Pokémon had already been to many houses of many different strangers.

None of those strangers were so insistent on helping him out though. They usually asked for help, and when they got it, they would ask Riolu if he wanted to stay the night.

He has never ever been helped so much by a single Pokémon. Not only did Decidueye teach him how to speak, but he now also wanted him to stay and live in his treehouse.

"There must be some sort of catch." Riolu eventually asked in his new and squeaky voice, not as embarrassed by it as before.

"No, that's all there is to it. You don't have a house, do you?" The big owl asked and turned to look at him.

The little Pokémon snapped his eyes to Decidueye's face and tilted his head. "How do you know?"

He shrugged. "I just do. You look like you wouldn't have a place to live in."

The words coming from the black owl's beak upset the little Riolu, making him pout and look away in disbelief. "Of course I do..."

Decidueye stuttered and swiftly corrected himself with an awkward and guilty smile. "D-Don't get me wrong! I have just seen many homeless Pokémon in my life."

"Whatever..." Riolu sighed and let his paws fall back to his side as he looked up at the black owl. "You are certain that you are willing to house me?"

"Absolutely!" The Arrow Quill Pokemon replied with a big grin on his beak, happily nodding his head. It was clear he was desperate for the company of the smaller Pokemon.

He leaned down and grabbed Riolu, picking him up and putting him on his own shoulders. The view from above was mesmerising, but the Emanation Pokemon's happiness was short lived as a branch slapped him in the face.

A few spits coming from him were enough to make Decidueye chuckle lightly, prompting the other to duck down and press himself against his head.

The feathers that poked out ever so slightly from the hood that was covering the bigger Pokemon's head tickled Riolu under his chin, as he pressed himself against them in an attempt to hide under the branches.

Decidueye soon took notice of that and stopped dead in his tracks, right over a break in the trees where the sun shined through freely. He looked up to look at both the sky and Riolu with a smirk.

"Walking's boring, don't you agree?" He said and stretched his wings out, making the small Emanation Pokemon tilt his head in confusion.

"I don't like where this is going." He responded firmly and put his little paws around Decidueye's neck. "Uh, Sir? Should I be scared?"

"Well, that depends. Are you scared of heights?" The Arrow Quill Pokemon bent his knees and got lower to the ground, while also putting his wings slightly up into the air above his head.

Riolu swallowed audibly in both fear and the rising tension, as sweat rolled down his cheek. "Y-Yes?" He said in a hushed tone.

"Then you should be scared. Hang on tight, kid!" In a flash, Decidueye shot up into the air, as he pushed himself off the ground with his legs and propelled himself further upward with his wings.