Likely Likewise

Lorelai

My story begins with my ancestors.

They created a dynasty where power, glory, and gold were important in life. There were 3 main jobs for men and women.
Men would work and serve in the military or become soldiers for the royalty... or be a failure. While women, worked on farms, became mothers, and taught their children how to do the exact same thing.

Lucky for me, I was born into royalty. I didn't have any siblings or any cousins to entertain me. I only had my mother, my father, and 3 handmaid's.

My dream was to become a lady soldier, I didn't tell anyone about it. At a really young age, I saw people on the TV screen battling and becoming professional fighters. I was fascinated by this. I was fascinated by the fact that people could fight really well.

Well, except me.

- - - - A few days later
"Lorelai, darling! Come! We have news!"
I reluctantly get out of my bed, walk down the 5-minute staircase, and go into the Grand Hall.
"Darling! Guess what! We have a Kingdom coming from Ancient China! And guess what.. they have a son." She wiggles her eyebrows and smiles teasingly aside as I scoff.
"Well, Mother. May I ask.. what is the reason that they are coming here?"
"Oh! I'll explain to you. Lord
Xiang Yun's son needs a wife so he can reign over his dynasty because the Lord's health is declining."

"Well, what is Lord Xiang Yun's son's name?"

"His name is Dante. He is a professional fighter and trained his entire life. But now, his father insists he needs a wife, and our dynasty has more women, so they have decided to come here in about 3 days and stay in the palace."

My mother was not lying. There were new people coming, and a new boy. I wasn't prepared for anything that was going to happen to me.. at least I thought I was.