Chapter Three

BORN TO DIE
CHAPTER THREE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Padmé Amidala wasn't happy about returning to her home planet for her own safety.

Tahlia stood by the window, watching the senator shove folded clothes in her luggage. Her and Anakin were going with her to Naboo to protect her since the bounty hunter was still out there somewhere. Obi-Wan was assigned to find him.

"Who mentored you?" Padmé suddenly asked her, shoving a pair of heels in another luggage.

"Master Windu." Tahlia answered. "Just last year I became a Jedi Knight."

"You're from Alderaan?" The senator continued to ask her questions. Tahlia nodded. "Do you remember anything about your parents?"

The female Jedi Knight frowned, slowly shaking her head. "No memory of them at all."

Padmé stopped what she was doing, staring at Tahlia in pity. "That's horrible. I can't even imagine not having any memory of my parents."

"I think about them everyday." Tahlia told her, turning around to glance at the city. "Sometimes I wonder if they remember me."

"Of course they do." Padmé softly replied. "You're their daughter. They'll never forget you."

Tahlia didn't respond. She continued to stare out at the city of Coruscant. It really bothered her that she had no memory of her parents. There was nothing there.

"I'll be out there." Tahlia said after a few moments.

Padmé didn't say anything as she walked out of the bedroom, heading to the living room. She passed Anakin, the two locking eyes for a spilt second. Tahlia reached the living room, where Obi-Wan was explaining the situation to Padmé's handmaiden and Captain Typho.

"She'll be safe with us." Tahlia chimed in, standing beside Obi-Wan. "We won't let anything happen to her."

"Tahlia is a very skilled and strong Jedi." Obi-Wan added.

Captain Typho nodded, his gaze meeting Tahlia's. "We trust you to keep her safe."

Tahlia slightly smiled as she watched him walk away with Padmé's handmaiden.

She sighed, turning to face Obi-Wan. "I can't believe I'm stuck with your obnoxious padawan."

Obi-Wan chuckled at that. "At least you won't be alone with him."

"That's true."

"Make sure he behaves nicely." Obi-Wan told her.

"I'll try." She replied, turning around to head back to the bedroom.

When she walked in, she wasn't expecting to find Anakin and Padmé standing close together, staring into each other's eyes. A strange feeling shot through Tahlia as her eyes bounced between the two. She cleared her throat, causing the two to break eye contact and look over at her.

"Sorry to interrupt." Tahlia said. "Just came in to check if you're finished."

Padmé sweetly smiled. "I am."