𝟏𝟎 | 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞?

Two rectangular tables were set up in the dining area next to each other. At my table sat Beth, Jimmy, Maggie, Glen, Miller, Danny and Jamie.
Everyone else seated at the other table as we enjoyed a home cooked meal in an awkward silence.

I could see the discomfort on the others faces every time I looked up from my plate. Glenn turned in his seat either not reading the room or trying to fix the room. Jury is still out on that one. "Does anyone know how to play the guitar? Dale found a pretty cool one."

The rejection he received baffled me. I couldn't leave him hanging. "Someone has to know how to play."
Giving Danny a look across the table before he shook his head. "I only know how to play the same three cords."

Maggie knew how to shut me up when she saved Danny from having to bust out his awful lack of talent. "Otis did." I sat my fork down to take a sip of water. "Yes and he was very good too." Hershel added.

Staring at my plate I didn't notice when Jamie tried to speak to me. My lack of a response to her caused others to turn their backs on the conversation to look at me. "Nate?" Miller whispered trying to snap my daze. "Hey Nate."

My vision was hazy at best as my body remained still.
"Nathan." My eyes snapped up to meet Glenn's who now was at my side crouched down. "You need to step out for some air? I'll come with you."

"No. I'm good." My hand squeezes the top of his shoulder as an appreciative gesture. "Sorry." Everyone turns to resume eating as I look over to see Beth staring at me. Jamie threw me into a conversation before I could think too quickly.

Early morning and already some good news

Early morning and already some good news. Carl was up and walking again. He asked me to come feed the chickens with him and Lori. As annoyed as I am with her I wouldn't turn him down.

"Why do you look so worried?" Carl asked her. "That's my job." She simply put it as she sat throwing more feed out onto the ground. Not looking up and I could only assume it was because of my coldness. "No it's not. You're a house wife."

I could hold a grudge but it was impossible to ignore the boys witty comeback. I choked on my saliva then busted out a loud roar. Carl's smug grin only grew when we fist bumped.

"Oh yeah punk? You see my house anywhere?" Lori tried to suppress her own fit as she tossed animal feed at us. She was just as shocked as I was. "All I'm saying is he didn't learn that from me." Her famous line from what felt like a lifetime ago.

"He's a Grimes man." I chuckled as she had to look away to hide her smile. For a moment it felt like we were back home just messing around on a weekend. Us boys being boys teasing her while she somehow managed to put up with us three.