Chapter 8: Double Trouble

POV: 3RD PERSON

Ever since that day, Mephiles and Sonic have been hanging out a lot, leaving Shadow out of it. It has been exactly a week and a half since Mephiles joined the school, and they were already acting like they had known each other since forever. "That bitch made Sonic stop talking to me!" Shadow shouted out as he banged his hand on the table while Rouge sat there and comforted him.

"Don't worry you will get to talk to him for the fundraiser at school next week, I mean since you both have to work together as a duo to do whatever they assign you guys to" Rouge said as the hedgehog smiled and hugged her. The school was having a fundraiser to save up money for their graduation next year, even though it's still very far. They had announce that all of the students in their class where doing good enough to graduate, which includes sonic's group and Mephiles, even though he joined recently he has been actually acing all of his classes, making him valid to graduate next year. Shadow was pissed but there was nothing he could do about it."I guess your right bat" Shadow plastered a smile, he looked at Rouge who too see she was also smiling...

It was the day before the fundraiser, the group and Mephiles were sitting at a table in the cafeteria. "So are you guys excited?" Rouge asked, "Yeah" was everyone's response except Mephiles, "I actually heard that Sonic and my bro was supposed to do something together for the fundraiser but I asked out teacher if I can be do it instead". Shadow could see right trough Mephiles shitty games, as Shadow was rummaging through his head for clues on what was really Mephiles plan, he then laid eyes on....MEPHILES HOLDING SONIC HAND?!

The said hedgehog then got up and scoffed before he walked off, not noticing Mephiles evil smirk. "What's his problem?" The echidna asked, "I'm not sure but he probably needs some time alone" the bat then said. Sonic wasn't paying attention to anything that happened earlier, he then snapped out of it and saw that he was holding Mephiles hand.

The blue blur then started sweating as he didn't know what to do, Should I let go? This holding hands thing feels wrong? I just-. The hedgehog was then snapped back into the real world, "Are you okay Sonikku?" The pink hedgehog on the other end of the table asked. He then nodded before letting go of Mephiles hand making Shadow's brother turn to him. "Sonic, if you don't want to hold my hand you could have just said so..." the azure hedgehog smiled and nodded as the noise maker started to ring meaning the end of the lunch break and time for the other classes to begin...

POV: ROUGE

School was out once again, the bright evening sun shone into my face as I walked to Shadow mansion with him. "Why did you walk out earlier at lunch?" He  stopped walking and then glared at me which read 'don't question it' all over his face. I glared back with my 'tell me or I'll kill you' look, he sighed and excepted his faith as I smiled at him.

"I saw Mephiles holding Sonic's hand, I just wanna punch that motherfucker so bad for messing with MY SONI-" he then put his hand over his mouth as my mouth opened from shock. The always grumpy, Shadow the hedgehog just claimed Sonic, "Shado-", Shadow then put his hand over my mouth as we almost reached his house. He then put his mouth by my ears, his breathing makes my ears flicker lightly, "I could sense someone is in the house" I nodded at him before getting into my defense mode as he did as well making his quills flare up higher then normally

My best friend then took a deep breath before looking at me and nodding, so I nodded back. He then unlocked the door and turned the numb, as angry as he looked, Shadow then flung open the door, making it almost fly off its hinges. We both walked inside and looked around but saw... nothing?

"Well Well, if it isn't my brother and his bitchy best friend", we both spun around to see Mephiles by the door smirking. "Mephiles...." Shadow said as he watched Mephiles. "Yes brother it's me" Shadow scoffed, "You come to torment me like you said or are you gonna stand there like an ass and look at me". Mephiles just looked at both of us and then started laughing hysterically, "Wasn't I torment you when I was with that blue hedgehog, who is super annoying and full of life which I hate" Mephiles sounded disgusted but when Mephiles mentioned Sonic, Shadow started growling lowly that I had to use my super hearing to hear it.