Chapter 49

Emperor Jungkook went looking for chaeyoung again as the sun climbed high above joseon

Emperor Jungkook went looking for chaeyoung again as the sun climbed high above joseon. He has been looking for his princess since morning but couldn't find her anywhere. Finally, an hour after he had thus danced his way through the palaces, he saw chaeyoung sitting with his little brother under the shade of a slender-leafed tree. Park jimin was leaning against the tree trunk, and chaeyoung sat forward, one elbow resting on her knees. They were bickering like children. As Jungkook watched, jimin's hand impishly went to back of chaeyoung's head so that he could knock her, but she timely turned to nudge him with her elbow. The scene made Jungkook laugh.

He went up to them smiling. Seeing Jungkook, jimin shot on his feet and bowed to his Emperor.

"Greetings emperor."

Jungkook patted him on the shoulder. "Greetings," he said warmly.

"Sit with us for a while."

"Sure," In reply, Jungkook glanced at chaeyoung. It was only a slight movement of his head, nothing blatant, but jimin saw this.

Jungkook hummed, sat down next to them, and dusted his hands. They did not speak for a while. The afternoon passed lethargically, every minute unhurried but not weighty. He could sense princess turning her head, looking at him for a few minutes, and then turning away. He really wished he had found her alone so he could talk to her, tease her and play his own game with her. Jimin's presence has started to bothering him.A bee came humming by, and he swiped at it, watching his hand move deliberately through the air. He had drunk more wine than he thought he had. Words slurred as he spoke.

"I forget to ask? Why you two sitting alone here like this!"

Because chaeyoung could say anything, jimin interrupted. "It's because sister has sprained her ankle and needs help," jimin signed mendaciously, wringing her hands in mock despair.

"Why didn't you say this to me earlier?" Jungkook sprang up approaching near to chaeyoung.

Meanwhile chaeyoung gave him no answer. She had been listening to the conversation with horror. The brat park jimin! She would whip him as soon as he had a chance. He made her drink and put her in this inebriated state! On top of all that, now she had to feign an injured ankle.

Jungkook knelt down next to her. "Have you hurt your ankle? Are you in pain?"

"eeh.. . .no, Jung....Yes, emperor" chaeyoung flashed an angry look at jimin, who promptly winked back at her. 'Giving her look what did I tell you'

"Which foot is it?"

Chaeyoung very reluctantly pointed to her right leg. Jungkook moved her skirts slightly and lifted her foot. Such a perfect foot, he thought, such slender ankles.

"What are you doing? Please don't touch my feet." Chaeyoung suddenly held his hand.

"Relax, princess. Just like your hands, your feet are god's creation."