Chapter 12

I sat down on the exercise mat to stretch my muscles. Batou and the twins sat too. The new ones came close to hear what I had to say. I just closed my eyes and pictured mom. Batou pat me on the head he gave me a kid and wink before he started hitting the punching bag. The twins gave me a smile before they walked towards either the locker or the shower. I laid down flat on the mat. I smelt a particularly stale stench so I turned around and saw sweat stains all over the mat. I wrinkled my nose and got up to practice again.

Jasper came and sat not far from where I was. Eight people stepped forward from the new ones. They wanted to know me better. So they introduced themselves. The first to introduce themselves was a tall burly Samoan man. He was six feet tall and he wore a tight t-shirt and a pair jeans. He said his name is Keola. To left was his baby brother Aonani. The next to introduce themselves was a teenager of Asian descent named Chen. She looked like a mix of Chinese and European. The next was a Native American name brave wolf. The other four were a little shy so I gave them an encouraging smile. They looked like they were from the same family. All of them had light brown hair. Freckles decorated their heartshaped face. The oldest one spoke on their behalf. He introduced himself as Terry. The one on his right is his nephew Andy. The behind him is his son Cole and the sneaking a peak was Terry's baby brother Aldo. The other two who were away from us stepped forward. They introduced themselves as Charlie and Mason. They are cousins.

I introduced myself as Sasha the princess of the nocturnals. Oleg remindedw that I am the Alpha of the werewolves. Igor reminded me that I am a living symbol of everlasting peace. My responsibility is to keep this family from falling apart. I will not tolerate anyone smearing my family. These men and women are my life. It breaks my heart to punish them. It fills me with joy to see them happy. I made it clear that my life began the day I saw both sides working together. This made Oleg and Igor smile. While the others listened to my words with surprise. They have never heard Abraham speak like that.

They asked me how I am able to change my looks. I said that I am a hybrid. I am half vampire and half werewolf. The others asked if that is possible. I said there are few hybrids that can do that. But normally it is impossible. Getting bitten by one has ninty percent chance of dying. Getting bitten by both death guaranteed. No one has survived a bite from both sides. They asked me how I got to be this so I said that I found a blood bag and a two vials of venom. The blood acted as a bridge while the vials change me into a hybrid. They asked me what would happen if they consumed my blood. To which Oleg replied, "You will die. She has been consuming a poison that is deadly to both sides called nightshade. Had it not been for fact that she consumes vast amounts in varying degrees she would have been bled dry. She is the deadliest hybrid we have ever encountered." I opened my canteen and drank from it. Chen asked me what I was drinking. I gave her a wink and walked off.  Igor answered a concoction of nightshade. Keola asked to take a sip. I gave him a drop. He licked his finger. Immediately he fell to the floor and started foaming in the mouth. We had to take him to the emergency room in the palace to heal him. He needed a blood transfusion and few other meds. Five hours later he was healed completely. This convinced the others not to get any stupid idea.

I expected Soren to arrive but instead I was given an audience with Abraham. He was reading a series amendments to the laws. He had a look of boredom as he turned each page. He looked up to see me standing before him. I bowed to show respect and he bowed. I sat to listen to what he had to say. He was sorry that things escalated. He hoped that this will not repeat itself before he wished me a wonderful day. I promised to be careful as I walked out to the door.

Jasper was waiting for me as were the others. I apologized for what had happened earlier but they said this important so they would know to avoid disaster. I apologized and they forgave me. Jeanine came to escort them away. And I walked back to my room. I missed the Citadel so I decided to sneak out. I looked up and took a deep breath and bolted.

I arrived at my lovely castle to see that it was still intact. I roamed the place remembering the days I spent there. I walked to the lab to see that the bats had made it their home. They greeted me like I was a long lost relative. As always as though I was late for a family reunion. They scold me for a little bit and then swirled around me. Some latched on to my arm and dangled upside down. When they detached and started fly around I saw that the others went back up to ceiling. I turned into a bunch of bats and flew to stay with them. They talked about their meals and about the strangers that come here but to scare to remain. I went back to my room and saw the setting sun when ch reminded me that I had stayed there too long. Which means they will send a search party.

I ran back at record speed. Soren was about to give an order when I arrived. A gust of ruffled his hair but nothing out of the ordinary. I apologized before I went up to my room. Soren followed me wanting to know where I was. I looked at him with innocent eyes and he asked me, "Citadel" I nod my head. He smiled, "If I had a home like that I would visit it too." He gave me a wink before he walked off. I told him about the rogue wolves who claim some sort of new world order. He said it would be best if I remained here in case they strike.

He and Abraham went to the party held by the speaker of parliament. The man was curious why we don't have elections. Our ruling system seems foreign to him. I walked up to the roof to watch the skyline. I admired the stars before I extended my senses to realize the party was a trap. One of the secret service agents had decided to open fire on the party goers. Soren and Abraham were fine but their security had sustained a few injuries. They took a deep breath and pushed the bullets out and ripped the man into pieces. The speaker at the scene and he walked off to aside to ask his men to keep an eye out for me. According to Jayden I would appear very swiftly and disappear just as quickly. So if they didn't time things carefully they won't be able to catch me. I walked downstairs to find a security guard to borrow their comms to inform them what is going on. The rest is history. The president ordered the death of the speaker of parliament. He consider the events that unfolded as a coup d'etat.