Oh Brother, Dearest.

Based on this prompt:

Regulus was stuck in his own dorm room, waiting for the soft breath of Barty to even out before he slipped away

Regulus was stuck in his own dorm room, waiting for the soft breath of Barty to even out before he slipped away. Barty Crouch Jr, was easily the lightest sleeper that Regulus knew, barring himself. The Slytherin boy would jolt awake, sitting up and ready for action the moment a single pin was dropped. Which made living with him a task in itself.

In this case, Regulus made sure to use a silencing charm on his shoes as soon as he crawled into bed. Taking his wand from under his pillow and quickly shrugging on his outer robes, he toed on his slippers and gently stomped on the ground, smiling at the cushioning on his shoes and lack of sound.

Taking a quick glance over Barty's bed, Regulus noted that there was no sudden change since the last time he looked. Evan Rosier was sprawled on his own bed, half the sheets kicked off the side and slipping towards the ground. Evan was snoring, but after an intervention in their fourth year, had started to silence his entire bed area. His mouth was open wide and he was drooling slightly, but he was silent.

Satisfied that everything was in order, no disturbed roommates or otherwise, Regulus slowly walked towards his door when he stopped. Turning back around, he quickly tip-toed his way towards his desk and grabbed for his Prefect badge. it wasn't technically his rounds and if Filch caught him, he'd be in a lot of trouble, but Regulus felt the badge helped. A little.

Quietly slipped out of his dorm room, Regulus started his ascent up into the Slytherin common room. There was a gentle breeze that made him wrap his outer robes tighter against his rigid frame and rubbing his eyes, he found an assortment of students, upper years that were most likely pulling all nighters because of the N.E.W.T.'s and O.W.L.'s. None spared him a glance and he walked confidently out of the common room and into the quiet of the castle.

Unlike his idiotic and mad adrenaline-driven lover, Regulus did not make it a habit to walk around the castle grounds at night. If he were honest with himself, which he hardly ever was, he didn't like the night. The huge, looming presence of the castle at night radiated a different type of magic. A darker type of magic that, when thought about for a little too long, reminded Regulus of his home in Grimmauld Place.

He turned back around the winding corridors that made the intricate floor plan of the Dungeons and eventually made it to the wider part of the castle. Where the moonlight finally shone against the grey stone walls, making them appear illuminescent and silver. He appreciated the aesthetic but not the cold.

Regulus debated whether or not to pull out his wand and cast a quick warming charm over his clothes before the sound of footsteps made him freeze. That, or the cold had really got to him and his bones had frozen over. He didn't think, just sped through the corridor and hid behind one of the larger mediaeval suits of armour. He held his breath and waited, running over different ways he could get out of possible detention.

He was just trying to get to Professor Slughorn, couldn't find him in his office and thought that maybe he was in Headmaster Dumbledore's office. But then why did he need him? Regulus thought pathetically that if it came down to it, he could manipulate his home life just enough to garner his Head of House's sympathy-