Chapter 1: Calm before the storm

It was late at night, and the Hotel was very busy, Mavis was looking around the hotel for Y/n and Dennis.
Mavis: Has anyone seen Y/n or Dennis?
She then heard Y/n and Dennis together in Y/n's game room. She entered to room to see Y/n and Dennis playing on their Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (whichever you prefer)
Y/n: Jesus this game is awful.
Dennis: Why are we playing it again?

Y/n: To remind ourselves no matter how poorly we mess something up, we can't possibly mess it up this badly

Dennis: Ah, okay then.
Mavis walked up to the couch the two were playing on and leaned on the back.
Mavis: What are you two playing?
Y/n: Sonic the Hedgehog, released in 2006.
Dennis: It's terrible.
Y/n: This is the worst game I've ever played.
Mavis sat down next to Y/n and Dennis to watch the game and spend some time with them.
Mavis: It can't be that bad, right?

[Several Hours Later]

Mavis: Wow.
Y/n: Right?
Mavis: That was awful.
Y/n: Right?!
Mavis: This was meant to be the anniversary game?!
Y/n: RIGHT?!
Dennis: Why did we do this to ourselves?
Y/n: Because now that we've played this, we can be safe when trying a new game, knowing it can't be as bad as this.
Murray: What are you three playing?
Y/n: Sonic '06.
Murray: Why?
Y/n: Because apparently I love suffering.
Murray: Is it over?
Y/n: Yes. Now I need to play another game to clean my palette.
He walked over to the shelf and grabbed Sonic Generations and switched the game, then played the game for the rest of the night with Dennis and Mavis.

[The Following Night]

Y/n woke up earlier than the others and walked around the hotel, when Van Helsing veered the corner.
Van Helsing: Y/n! Thank Goodness!
Y/n: Van Helsing? What's wrong?
Van Helsing: Follow me!
He wheeled away to his lab with Y/n following him.
Y/n: Van Helsing? What's going on?
Van Helsing: Well, you see, I never officially left the Monster Hunter Guild and I just got this Email-
Y/n: They use Email?
Van Helsing: Yes, they do.
Y/n: Huh, okay then, continue.
Van Helsing: This Email detailed to me A plan to eradicate monsters once and for all!
Y/n: You mean like with the Kraken?
Van Helsing: Yes, but that plan was admittedly very stupid.
Y/n: Yeah you got that right.
Van Helsing: The leaders of the guild have found A secret weapon, and plan to use it to fight against monsters head on.
Y/n: Okay? Like your plan with the Kraken?
Van Helsing: That's not the only problem, though!
Y/n: What else is there?
Van Helsing: They have an entire army on their side, and they've mastered Magic to fight the monsters.
Y/n: Oh...that is actually a major problem.
Van Helsing: Luckily, I have a plan, thanks to your unique abilities, we should be able to fight back, so I've made you some gear.
Y/n: Okay, I'm interested.
Van Helsing wheeled into a back room and came back with two blades and handed them to Y/n.

Y/n: Woah, I like these.
Van Helsing: I also made this.
He handed Y/n a new outfit, who quickly changed in the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Y/n: Oh yeah, this is awesome.
Mavis then walked into Van Helsing's lab as he and Y/n made a plan to keep the Monster Hunter's plan secret. Mavis looked at Y/n's new outfit and turned a bit red as she looked at her husband.
Mavis: What's going on?
Y/n: Oh, uh, nothing!
Van Helsing: Yep! Nothing weird or suspicious going on in here!
Eunice: That only makes it more suspicious!
Y/n: Uh, Van Helsing?
Van Helsing: I got nothing.
Frank: What's going on?
Y/n: Nothing! Don't worry about it!
Blobby then walked in and gurgled.
Y/n: I still don't understand you, Blobby.
Winnie: He asked why you're covering up the computer screen.

Van Helsing: Uhhh, no comment?Wayne: Y/n, what's on the screen?Y/n: UhhhhWanda: Nothing Dangerous, right?Y/n: Uhhh, yeah! Nothing dangerous!Mavis: So there is something!Y/n: Ah shi-Griffin: The Monster Hunter Guild has Email?Y/n: HOLY-He jumped as...

Wayne: Y/n, what's on the screen?
Y/n: Uhhhh
Wanda: Nothing Dangerous, right?
Y/n: Uhhh, yeah! Nothing dangerous!
Mavis: So there is something!
Y/n: Ah shi-
Griffin: The Monster Hunter Guild has Email?
Y/n: HOLY-
He jumped as Griffin put his glasses on, standing right behind Y/n.
Drac: Van Helsing, Y/n, what are you hiding from us?
Ericka: There was something about Monster Hunters finding a way to fight Monsters more directly.
Mavis: Is that why you have a new outfit on Y/n?
Y/n: I, uh, yeah.
Mavis: Y/n! You better not be thinking about fighting against those Monster Hunters!
Y/n: What choice do I have? I made a promise years ago!
Mavis: What promise is that?
Y/n: To keep peace between Humans and Monsters, if I don't stop them, then what kind of peace would I be keeping?
Mavis: But what about your safety?
Y/n: I can heal rapidly, even if they do anything, I'll heal faster than they could do any serious damage.
Mavis: Still, I worry about you.
Van Helsing: And his energy is still rapidly evolving, so it's likely no matter what, he'd still be stronger than whatever the monster hunters throw at him.
Mavis: Still, let's at least talk about this before you go chasing Hunters, okay?
Y/n: Alright, we'll talk about it, this is still a concerning matter though...

[Later]

The two had a very long talk, and eventually came to the conclusion that Y/n was allowed to fight the monster hunters, as long as he stayed safe and promised to not overwork himself if he was to train himself. The two hugged, as Drac walked into the room.
Drac: Sorry to interrupt, but we found a monster hunter on the premises.
Mavis and Y/n let go of each other and Y/n walked towards Drac.
Y/n: Where are they?
Drac: We captured them and had them tied up in Van Helsing's lab.
Y/n: Alright, let's see if we can get any information out of them.
He walked out of the room and down to Van Helsing's Lab.

[In Van Helsing's Lab]

Y/n walked into the lab and up to the captured Monster Hunter.
MHS (Monster Hunter Scout): Do your worst, I'll never tell you anything!
Y/n: Alright, that's fine, I guess I can test this new skill of mine.
He took the tip of one of his swords and pressed it into the Monster Hunter's skin, energy flowed from Y/n's arm, to his blade, into the Monster Hunter, where their eyes glowed F/C, just as the other monsters gathered around and Y/n backed up.
Y/n: What is the "Secret Weapon" that the monster hunters found?
The Monster Hunter looked up, as he spoke, a ghostly echo followed his voice.
MHS: The leaders of our organization have found true Immortality, and now can make our battle against your kind last forever.
Y/n nodded and snapped his fingers, the orange glow faded from the Monster Hunter's eyes and turned around.
Y/n: Odd...Van Helsing, is there any way to counteract this Immortality?
Van Helsing: Well, no, but we don't have too.
Y/n: We don't?
Van Helsing: They can still be killed through regular ways. All we need to do is take down their generals.
Y/n: I see. So, we're just gonna have to fight them head on too?
Van Helsing: Yep!
Y/n: Works for me.
Mavis: Before you do any fighting against those Monster Hunters, you're going to spend time with me and Dennis.
Y/n: Of course I will! Why wouldn't I?
Mavis: Alright, good.
Y/n was then dragged out of the room by Mavis, who wanted to spend some time with her husband before he went out fighting Monster Hunters.