A murder

I lay out the table, a mat for my son and I. It's only a small table but we make do with what we've got, I can hear footsteps becoming louder and louder. My son. He has Dark brown hair and dazzling eyes-well at least I think so. Whenever I flatter him he gets so insecure, but I guess that's how most teenagers of today are. As he towers in to give me a hug I realise how red his eyes are almost as if he was... not again.
'Have you been crying!?'
'No mum I just-' before he could finish I knew what had happened.
'It wasn't those boys again was it?'
'No mum!' He sharply replied.

Once both of us had a plain, simple slice of toast I start to head out the door, Lee (my son) slowly following.

As it took around 5 minutes to get to school Lee and I slowly parted and as I smiled and waved I began to walk towards the classroom to settle down.

I am a teacher, in a secondary school just down the road. My love for teaching children is sincere unlike many others but they may not enjoy their subject although English is a subject that can be for anyone. Shakespeare is a personal favourite.

As I stare at the 17 year olds entering my class, I attempt to somehow teleport my PowerPoint to the whiteboard. Giving up was never in my vocabulary but then again neither was technology. After coming to the conclusion that the old fashion way is easier I start writing the date '23rd July 2009'. After turning to face the class and breaking the silence I then began reveal the topic of the lesson.

'Has anyone heard of the the tell tale heart, the story where guilt consumes the main character into confessing his murder...'. 'It was a great short story and what would of been the moral of this story?'
'Never to come to English classes because they're so boring!' Jack shouted attempting to be the class clown 'How dare you! Get out this classroom NOW'
as Jack shouted words that I would never of repeated he stormed out without a second glance.

Those are the moments when I hope that Lee would never turn out like that; they never have any respect for adults. Nevermind School is over anyway but I'm just waiting for Lee so I can walk him home.

I have been waiting for half an hour and as the sun is slowly descending I can hear the wind blowing through the leaves and the calming whistle that it created. There was a sudden movement through the bushes-it must of been a cat-so why can I hear human like footsteps?

As I attempt to turn around, mouth quivering, legs shaking. There is a tall figure with a black balaclava and was holding a... oh no! I tried to scream but nothing came out. This is the end. And as I felt a spark through my body creating an excruciating pain I sunk to the floor.