𝟏𝟓 | 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝.

"Don't look. Don't look." Daryl lifts the broken grieving mother from the ground. She broke from his hold and took off back towards camp.

I can't pry my eyes from Sophia's body as I listen to the cries in the background. The aftermath of what will now dance around on shuffle with all the others in my mind.

Beth's sobs pull me from my position as I seen her dart across the way towards one of the bodies.

"Hey, hey, hey." Rick holds an arm out trying to stop her but she shrieks at his touch making him pull away.
He stepped forward to try again. "Rick."

He allows her to go without interfering again. I close my eyes and let my head rock forward. A mother lost her child today but a child has lost her mother also.

After my couple seconds of silencing my thoughts I walked over handing back Rick his gun. Beth had pulled a walker off the body of her loved one.

"Mom?" I heard her say between her sniffs. The loud growl answered her as the walker latched onto her. Pulling at her hair as she tried to bring her closer.

Beth's body froze but she cried out making everyone rush to her. I made it first with my knife in hand and threw myself down behind her. Wrapping the arm of my bad side around her waist I yank her back to fall into my chest.

Rick doesn't miss a beat as he grips onto the walkers arms keeping her from pulling anymore. Beth's screams directly in my ear were more deafening than all the shots fired here today.

Rick's knee firmly drops onto the walkers chest keeping her still as I sunk the blade down into her mother's skull. The blunt head trauma making her release the handfuls of hair from her weeping daughter but not enough to put her down.

I didn't have time to push the knife deeper when Beth looked down and seen how she escaped. Her panicked state making her push against me trying to get away the body.

I pulled her with me as I stood up. Shane and T-Dog finished the job as she cried burying her face into my chest. Every few breaths she'd look back over catching a glimpse of her mother's body.

"Shh, shh, it's over." I mumbled into the side of her head as my lips place a kiss in her hair. "I've got you." It always worked to soothe Jamie these days and even Lori when it needed to over the years.

Hershel stepped over to us holding out his arms to her.
"Go to your dad, Sweetheart." She looks up at me as she tries to speak but only sobs escape. "I'll look after her." Her hesitation ends hearing what she needed to.

Hershel takes her into his embrace and along side Maggie, Jimmy and Patricia they head back.

I quickly took off behind them when I seen Shane shuffling after Hershel. Rick also noticed leaving the mess to help control him.

"You knew this whole time that we've been looking for her. She's been here the whole time."

"I didn't know." Hershel defeated turned to Shane.
He wasn't buying it though. "Bullshit. You knew."

Maggie snaps turning around from her sister. "We didn't know."

"Shane that's enough." I hiss.