xlv-operation: under the influence

▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━ 𝖂𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝕿𝗵𝗲 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝕮𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝕶𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴°. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙲𝚁𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳𝚂  ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

    SUPERVISORY SPECIAL AGENT AARON HOTCHNER, JENNIFER JEREAU, AND SPECER REID ARE GOING OVER AGENTS LEIGH GRIMES, KATE CALLAHAN'S UNDERCOVER SITUATION WITH THEM ONE LAST TIME. The scene alternates between Penelope Garcia's mancave and the hotel where Grimes and Kate are staying.

       "Okay. Let's go over it one more time."

      "My cover is Megan Brown, former physicist with a bent moral compass and a fortune in student loan debt," said Leigh as she looked over the agents that were in front of her, attempting to read their expressions.

     Hotch nodded as he leaned back against his chair, his gaze firm but gentle as he listened to her. There wasn't a trace of doubt in his mind that she would be able to handle this situation.

     "Court records will show you made bail yesterday, and your cover will be fully papered. So you are back out in the wild and open for business," said JJ as she crossed her arms over her chest. Leigh nodded.

     "You'll both make camp at the Premier Hotel; it is the bottom of the barrel, the last branch you hit on your way down. And it will send the message that you are desperate to make money," Hotch further explained.

     "Tell me the number-one rule of undercover work," demanded JJ.

     "No case is worth my life. At any time before the operation begins, I have the authority to pull the plug and pull out of this op," explained Leigh instantly as she already knew this.

     Hotch nodded sharply, as if he expected that exact response. There was no way he would ever put any of his team members in danger.

     "And the number-two rule?" asked JJ as she glanced over at Kate who was standing against the wall, her arms crossed over her chest.