prologue:

Everything burns. That's the one thing that I can feel right now, the burning sensation of my lungs, the burn of pain coming from multiple different injuries that I'm honestly not keen on treating right now.
When I left to go on this expedition to another planet, I didn't expect my team to turn on me like this, I didn't expect them to turn on me at all! 
I just want to go back to Coruscant and help Fox with organizing his paper work from most important to ‘Burn immediately’.
I cover my mouth and nose to help stop my breathing as I hear the crunch of footsteps on the rocky terrain that I managed to jump into.

“Come on out Valor! Everything is gonna be alright, it was just a hallucination! We need to get you back so that we can flush whatever is causing you to act like this, out of your systems!” that voice came from Wren, he's only a few years older than me, but I could fight him if I tried. He's got height and mass on me, whereas I'm far smaller and slimmer than him.
“We promise that the lobotomy will only hurt for a moment! Then you'll be in pure bliss without a thought in the world!” That one sounded far more untrustworthy than Wren, at least Wren was trying to coax me out of hiding. Kali was actively trying to scare me, trying to get me to make a sound, I didn't. Kali was the same age as Wren, but when that thing infected them with, honestly I don't know, all I know is one moment everything was fine and normal, I was working on finding a way to slow down enhanced aging, and then the next moment I'm walking to the Cantina and there I see them. Wren, Kali, Archer, Samara, Alaia, Chase, and Jenesis, were all covered in the blood of Mr. Beckett.

I had walked in on them devouring Mr. Beckett, it was horrifying and I didn't know what to do so I quickly went back to my lad before they noticed me. I didn't mention what I saw, luckily I had grown accustomed to not eating meat, so passing on it during meal time wasn't suspicious, at least I thought it wasn't.
Eventually things went from bad to worse. They invited this thing onto the ship. It was horrifying, it looked human shaped, but it was definitely not human and definitely not  friendly. Its mouth tended to become long and elongated, showing nothing but an abyss. Its eyes were dark and unmoving, as if they didn't belong to that thing, and when it moved, you could hear bones shifting and breaking. It gave me nightmares, it will probably haunt my mind till the day I die, which might be soon If I don't start moving!

I quickly throw a loose rock I found in the opposite direction of where I am. I know it probably won't work, but it's my best shot right now. As soon as Wren and Kali heard the rock clatter to the ground, they sprinted in the direction it landed in, they looked like predators hunting prey, and I was most likely that prey.
I quickly started to move, getting out of the small crevice that I shoved myself into and turned to the wall of dust rock in front of me and started to climb.
The burning of my already exhausted lungs doesn't help much, Wren and Kali have probably heard me by now and I'm halfway off the ground! This is a lot harder than I thought it would be, that's for sure!
I keep pulling myself up and pushing my body to climb as fast and as high as I can or else they're gonna get me. 
Just when I think I've escaped them, thinking I had evaded them, a hand grabs my Wrist and yanks me up and onto the ledge, It's Archer.
Before I can register what I'm doing, I bite him, hard enough to draw blood, and apparently hard enough to toss me off the ledge and into the waiting arms of Wren.
He holds me tightly, tight enough to break a couple of my ribs and knock out what little air I had left in my lungs, in that moment, I decided to just give into the darkness taking over my vision as I passed out, maybe for the final time.