Love each other?

As Aatika observed Arhaan's increasing frequency of drinking and perpetual bad mood, she felt a growing sense of concern gnawing at her. One evening, she mustered the courage to confront him, if not for her own sake, then at least for Aasma's well-being.

Hesitantly, she entered his room, finding him brooding over a glass of whiskey. "Mr. Arhaan Shaikh," she began, her voice tinged with apprehension, "what do you think you're doing? It seems like you're not living your life, but merely existing. What's wrong?"

Arhaan's eyes flashed with irritation at her intrusion. "And who are you to question me?" he retorted sharply. "Don't forget, you're just an employee here. Don't try to act like my wife."

Aatika felt a stab of pain at his dismissive words, but she refused to back down. "I may just be an employee," she countered, her voice rising with each word, "but that doesn't mean I don't care about you and Aasma. Your actions are affecting her too. You owe it to her to get your act together."

Arhaan scoffed, his frustration boiling over. "Oh, spare me the lecture, Aatika," he snapped, his tone laced with bitterness. "You don't know anything about what I'm going through. Mind your own business."

Aatika's temper flared at his dismissive attitude. "This is my business!" she shot back, her voice trembling with emotion. "I care about Aasma, and I care about you. But if you're not willing to accept help, then I don't know what else I can do."

Arhaan's anger flared into a blazing inferno, consuming everything in its path. "Get out, Aatika!" he bellowed, his voice reverberating off the walls of the room. "I don't want you here. I don't need your pity or your interference. Just leave me alone!"

Aatika flinched at his harsh words, her heart shattering into a million pieces at the cruelty in his tone. But despite the pain coursing through her veins, she refused to back down. "Arhaan, please," she pleaded, her voice trembling with emotion. 

But Arhaan's eyes flashed with fury, his fists clenched at his sides. Suddenly his expressions softened as Aasma entered the room, rubbing her sleepy eyes. His heart clenched at the sight of her innocent confusion, her small voice breaking through the tension that hung heavy in the air. "Daddy, is Mommy here?" she asked, her words tinged with a hint of uncertainty. "I heard you shouting."

Aatika's breath caught in her throat at Aasma's innocent question, her gaze flickering between father and daughter. She could see the pain etched in Arhaan's eyes as he struggled to find the right words to explain the situation to his daughter.

Arhaan knelt down beside Aasma, his voice gentle as he enveloped her in a comforting embrace. "No, sweetheart," he replied, his tone soothing. "Mommy's not here right now. It was just... a misunderstanding between me and Aatika."

Aasma frowned slightly, her brow furrowing in confusion. "But why were you shouting, Daddy?" she asked, her eyes wide with curiosity.

Arhaan hesitated, his gaze flickering to Aatika for a brief moment before returning to his daughter. "Sometimes grown-ups argue, Aasma," he explained, his voice tinged with sadness. "But it doesn't mean we don't love each other. We just... have some things we need to work out."

 "Love each other?" she repeated, her eyes wide with curiosity. "So, do you love Miss Aatika?"

Arhaan's heart clenched at the directness of his daughter's question, his mind racing for the right words to explain. He exchanged a fleeting glance with Aatika, silently pleading for her understanding.

"We... we care about each other in different ways, Aasma," he replied carefully, his voice gentle yet evasive. "Miss Aatika is a very important person in our lives, but... it's complicated."