Prologue

"Hey, Ma-l- Lory." The voice of Montana was heard behind the woman, as she looked down at the menu. The blonde took a seat in front of the fair-faced woman, she smiled at the frowning woman. "What? Why the long face? Don't you miss me?" Montana said as she smiled at the young woman. Looking up at the blonde, Mallory just huffed at her. "I don't know, Montana how about you go reread my diary to see if I've missed you." Said Mallory as she counited to grab her things and leave the other woman behind. Running her fingers back into her pulling some forward, it made her hair messy and covered some of her face but that was how she liked it. She only got so far, before Chet stopped her. "Hey, Mallory. You told me that you needed money right? Well, there is a camp looking for counselors." he said as he looked at the woman "I'll think about it, thanks, Chet." She said, then walked away from the blonde man. Mallory walked the sidewalks until she made it to her home, a small apartment that she shared with her best friend. Taking her keys, and unlocking the door, she found her friend passed out on the couch, she pulled the blanket covering him. She then made her way to her bedroom. The small room, was small indeed as she was only able to put her bed, and dresser; Her box TV on top of the dresser. Even then she had to make do with what she had, and she was good at that. Laying on her bed, she stared at the ceiling. When she heard her door open. "What you doing?" The voice of Zack, her best friend. Zack walked into her small room plopping on her bed. Mallory looked at Zack as he laid his head on her pillow, they stared at each other. "I think I found a job." She said as he lay there beside her. "Ok, where?" He asked as he just looked at her. "I'll have to stay there, it's a summer camp." She said as she looked back at the ceiling. "Girl, do it. You need the money and you'll get the chance to be out in the woods. I know you like the nature thing even tho you act all tough." Mallory thought about it all night, deciding he was right, try as she might she needed the money and she did love the woods and being outside. The next day she went in search of Chet finding him at Montana aerobics class. Waiting outside, she called Chet over when she finally saw him. "I'll do it." She told him, "Great I'll pick up here on this day." Mallory nodded her head and left for home. She had no idea that this summer would be killer.