𝟏 | ACT I, SCENE I

── ◦◦◦❦◦◦◦ ──

── ◦◦◦◦◦◦ ──

FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE THE SEVEN TRILLIONTH TIME, MY FAMILY WAS ARGUING AGAIN.

Of course, every family argued; that was normal. And yes, we were the type of family that had that one weird uncle and overbearing parents and siblings/cousins that could go from melting your heart to making you want to scream in two seconds. But my family was the farthest thing from normal, no matter which way you sliced it. And why was that?

Because my family was all made up of gods. And no, not in the metaphorical sense. In the literal sense.

In short, the Olympian Gods of Greece were my family.

Now, from the outside you'd probably think that'd be pretty cool, right? Well, you're wrong. Having the Olympians as your family is not cool in the slightest. Yes, there were some positives to it (as at least a few of my family members weren't total assholes), but for the most part it was pretty awful. They fought about everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything. One of my cousins could just look at me the wrong way and it'd start a good old-fashioned god feud. But me, being the goddess of love and all, I did my best to stay out of them. Most of the fights didn't involve me anyway, and even if they did, it wasn't like my father wanted to hear my opinion on it. He never did.

So now, as I sat in the throne room, I rolled my eyes as I listened to my father argue with most of the Olympians yet again. My elbow rested on my knee as my cheek was propped up on my fist, one leg tucked under me and the other lounging over the edge of my throne. This argument had been going on for at least an hour now. And to say I was bored would be an understatement.

I leaned over to my right, removing my cheek from its spot on my fist to turn to my sister, Artemis. "So what are they arguing about again?" I whispered.

Artemis gave me a scolding yet playful look. "Aph!" she chided.

I huffed, rolling my eyes again. "What, was I supposed to be paying attention?" I said. "It doesn't involve us, anyway. So why the hell should I care?"