His Dad

Arya:

After two days, Ishaan's men successfully tracked down his father. They brought him to the house, where he appeared disheveled and distraught, his clothes torn.

"Uncle," I addressed him, attempting to approach, but Ishaan's glare halted me. I stood still, maintaining my composure.

"Where did you disappear to? Why are you causing unnecessary disruptions?" Ishaan's voice held a mix of anger and frustration.

His father, bewildered, asked, "Who are you? Why have you brought me here?"

"Unfortunately," Ishaan replied, "I am Ishaan, your son. I've brought you here because it's my responsibility. Is that explanation sufficient?"

Uncle's eyes widened as he affectionately touched Ishaan's face. "My son?" he whispered, tears welling up.

Ishaan's men intervened, preventing Uncle from getting too close.

"Listen," Ishaan instructed, "don't create any more disturbances. Go take a shower and stay in the room behind the house. If you leave again, you won't be welcome back."

"Ishaan," Uncle pleaded, "I am your father. How can you be so emotionless toward me?"

Ishaan's response was cold and unyielding. "Had you been a father who loved my mother, I might have respected and cared for you. But I was born from a rape. You almost killed my mother, shattered her dignity. How can you expect me to accept you as my father? In my eyes, you're nothing more than a rapist—the knot you tied with my mother merely spared your life, preventing me from exacting revenge." As he spoke, tears welled up in Aunty's eyes, witnessing the painful confrontation unfold. 

Ishaan is truly a perfect son. He's doing what he should do as a son to his mom and also to his dad. He balanced his anger with responsibility. I am proud of Ishaan. Ishaan instructed his men to help his dad get ready and the maids to take care of his dad. And then, he left for his office.

I approached Uncle, intending to deliver food, but Ishaan's men intercepted me.

"Sir instructed us not to allow anyone to meet him," they informed me, promptly calling Ishaan for clarification.

"Why did you go there, Arya?" Ishaan's tone was serious.

"To give food to Uncle," I replied.

"Fine. Hand it over and leave. They'll ensure he gets it."

"But I want to meet him."

"I was just waiting for these words from you. Whatever I refuse; you are adamant to do that. Can't you be calm for a while?"

I stayed calm.

"Why the silence now?"

"Respecting your order to stay calm."

Ishaan scoffed. "You? Respecting my order? That's a good joke."

"Ishaan, please."

"Enough. Go meet your so-called uncle. But don't linger."

I thanked my arrogant husband and went inside the room.

Inside, Uncle sat on the bed, his eyes searching mine. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Don't worry, Uncle. I'm your daughter-in-law, Ishaan's wife. I've brought clothes and food."

"Ishaan?"

"He's at the office, Uncle."

"He's furious with me. Of course, who would love such a father who tortured his mother and spoiled his childhood."

"It's alright, Uncle. Ishaan's anger is like a fleeting bubble. He'll forgive you soon."

Uncle's gaze sharpened. "You're the one who admitted me to the rehabilitation center, aren't you?"

Surprised, I nodded. "Yes. How did you know?"

"I saw you during treatment. Your face stuck with me."

"Alright, now have your meal. I'll serve you."

As Uncle ate, tears welled up. "Why are you emotional?" I asked gently.

"I've spent years missing out on affection, drowning my life in intoxication. I've lost precious moments of Ishaan's childhood, memories slipping through my fingers like sand, which can't be traced back."

"Uncle," I replied, "I may not know the exact details of your pain, but I believe that life doesn't end when our wishes go unfulfilled. Sometimes, even in misery, we find unexpected happiness. Life keeps moving forward, and so should we."

"It's true," I continued, "our unhappiness shouldn't become a burden for others. Love requires courage—whether it's fighting for it or gracefully accepting its absence due to circumstances. We should strive to make our lives better, even when faced with adversity."

Uncle's eyes softened. "My son is fortunate to have a wife like you."

"Uncle," I said, determination in my voice, "give me a few days. I'll convince your son to bring you home."

I returned to our room, my gaze falling upon the calendar. Fifteen days remained—the countdown to revealing the truth. That night, Ishaan stumbled in, his arrival unusually late. As he freshened up, the scent of alcohol clung to him—a departure from his usual behavior. Usually, he doesn't come home drunk when Eira is here.

"Did you drink?" I asked.

His eyes flickered toward Eira, sound asleep.

"Shut up and sleep. Don't create a scene now," he snapped, leaving me bewildered. Ishaan's moods were as unpredictable as the changing tides. Rather than provoke an argument, I chose silence, though an unsettling feeling gnawed at me. Something was fishy.

Hi readers, a quick update again. Read it and let me know how you feel about Ishaan's behavior towards his dad. Next episode has a major twist. Keep reading and my new story gonna be posted on Wattpad soon (every story I write definitely gets completed here for sure). The story title is "HE'S MINE, I CLAIM". Not yet posted.