𝟏𝟖 | 𝐎𝐰𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

More than anything I wanted to be back at the farm

More than anything I wanted to be back at the farm. I hadn't realized how long we've been gone till the sun wasn't as bright anymore. We'd lose light in a soon and needed to head back. Nothing good happens after dark.

Hershel was still drowning in his misery refusing to move from his barstool. It had been at least an hour of Rick and I trying to persuade him while Danny and Glenn stood watch.

"He isn't budging." I say to Rick while the four of us were talking.

"I know. We need to think of something."

"The longer we stay here we put ourselves at risk. We can't be here when the sun goes down." Danny rubbed the back of his head.

Glenn nervously agreed seeing how much the sky has changed just in the past thirty minutes.
"Everyone is probably worried out of their minds too. Surprised they haven't sent a group for us."

"Shane would wait till morning." Rick stated.

I was losing my patience with the situation. "Shane wouldn't come here. Not for this at least." The three of them got awkwardly quiet. Barely able to look at me now. "What?"

Danny and Rick were two solid walls of stone. However, one piercing look towards Glenn and he broke. "We didn't know if you were or not. The guys are combing the woods looking for you. Shane and Rick got into it before we left."

My arms crossed as I took one look at my brother who looked worried about my reaction. He shot subtle daggers towards Glenn. "Really?"

"I'm sorry. He looked at me with that look." Glenn tried to explain.

Danny spoke to take the heat from him. "There were different theories about what happened. You were the wild card. Hershel was pretty much a guarantee to be here."

Makes sense. "I get it. I might've even agreed with it but you couldn't have told me? Wasn't much of a surprise."

"I didn't know how you'd respond. You've been on Shane's side lately for everything." Rick finally spoke up instead of letting the others deal with it.

A slight chuckle as I exhaled my deep breath made those around us uncomfortable. "That's laughable coming from you."

Rick shifted his weight as he got into a more comfortable stance. "Why is that, Nate?

"You don't know how I feel about anything. You don't even bother to talk to me anymore. When I do speak you ignore it."

"That's not true." He said calmly.