Chapter 143

She read through taehyung's response and found that many of her schoolmates who were upset with taehyung had softened up after reading his post. They were quickly editing their own comments.

[Fuck! Taehyung is quite humble. He remembers everything that jungkook has done for him so well. It seems like he isn’t that ungrateful.]

[I shan’t call him a vermin. Just as he said, even if someone else were in his place, what would be able to do for jungkook? Wouldn’t it be the same? Everyone should stop being jealous of him.]

[Hey, don’t you guys feel that taehyung's last sentence, and I don’t mean the one about the post being tiring to type, but the one about one day catching up to him. I feel that he secretly feels that he isn’t good enough for jungkook. It seems like this love isn’t easy for him as well...]

Comments like this received a lot of likes and were quickly pushed to the top.

Jennie was stifled with anger. She reacted in an enraged voice. “The people who were jealous of taehyung sure are weak. They forgave taehyung, that vermin, so easily? I’ll show them better!”

jennie logged into a an account under a different name and began her scolding:

[You guys sure are weak. Just because taehyung pretended to be pitiful, it doesn’t alter his true appearance as a vermin. At the end of the day, he still hasn’t done anything for jungkook!]

[he is a person who only knows how to take but not to give. He isn’t even suited to hold jungkook's shoes. He’ll be clinging onto jungkook for the rest of his life. Doesn’t your heart ache for your idol?]

jennie wrote many criticisms against taehyung and reposted each one three times. She saw that her comments stirred up a new wave of attack against taehyung. Everyone began ‘supporting’ taehyung and urging him to quit being a ‘vermin’.

Jennie finally felt better.

...

One the first floor of the Jeon Villa, taehyung sat on jungkook's lap facing him. his phone had been facing away from him when he typed and he did not know what he had written.

“Bring my laptop here!” jungkook commanded.

“Yes, sir.” A bodyguard respectfully went to retrieve his laptop. He then set up a simple office desk in the living room and placed the laptop there before backing away.

Jungkook could not bear to let go of taehyung. He shifted slightly to the side and reached for the mouse to click open the SNU's school form.

He immediately saw his response.

Especially the last line, ‘I will do my best to become more outstanding. Perhaps one day, I’ll be able to stand close to him.’

The words conveyed his helplessness and a deep sense of inferiority.

jungkook tightened his arms around taehyung's soft figure. His gaze was filled with heartache for him. “Catching up to me... Taehyung, I never knew you felt this way.”

He smiled brightly as he did not wish to reveal his inferiority complex to him. “jungkook, those are just the words I wrote. I don’t actually feel that way.”

Jungkook however, knew that those words were his most truthful inner thoughts.

He clenched his fists as though he was making a difficult decision. He then pursed his lips. “I can finish the JJK empire right now.”

If his success was an obstacle between the two of them, he was willing to give up everything for him.

“You can’t!” he pressed his index finger against his lips. “jungkook, you are the youngest, most successful man in the country. I admire you for it. You can’t do that or I’ll be guilty for the rest of my life.”