Chapter 1

The taxi ride was uneventful, Rigel talked to the taxi driver a good amount of times, but remained mostly silent for the rest of the trip. He was excited to head home after a long day, to be with his wife and spend the last few hours of the day. Upon arriving at their house's gate, he paid the fee and exited the vehicle, fixing himself up before entering the gate, and opening the door to the house.

"Welcome back, dear!" His wife, Dian, went and gave him an embrace, happy he was back home. "How was the day, hm?"

"Like the usual, uneventful. But overall, it was decent." He kissed her on the cheeks. "But I'm just glad to be home now."

"That's nice to know, I just finished cooking our dinner. Come on, let's eat."

The two of them sat on the dinner table, and began eating what Dian cooked up. It was a really good meal, enough to feed them for tonight. They were enjoying themselves, having a good lifestyle and being successful in their lives. After eating, Dian began washing the dishes, and Rigel laid down on the sofa, watching the news broadcasted into the television.

"Another murder tonight, seems we can't stop getting that here," he commented on the headline.

"Still don't know what motivates people to commit those atrocities, it's absurd." She added.

"This time it's somewhere called 'Sleepy Hollow,' ever heard of the place?"

"Yeah, it's a small town located near the edge of the island. It's a mix between modern and medieval, and it's quite peaceful."

"Might want to book a visit the next time we go out."

"That'd be nice."

Dian finished washing the dishes, and went over to Rigel, sitting down with him on the armrest of the sofa. She was watching the news with him, curious about what's going on. The next headline made them worried, it was about an online scammer who seemed to be finding ways to ruin, or outright destroy relationships upon meeting; it was a hoax to the public, but recent incidents were starting to give suspicion on who was the perpetrator.

"That's odd," Rigel said.

"Worrying, in fact." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Let's not worry about it too much, alright?"

"Yeah, I hope it doesn't happen to us."

"It won't, I promise."

They continued watching until it was 9pm, and they went to the bedroom so they could rest up for the day. Rigel made sure to lock the doors, and close the windows, in case any intruder decides to enter their home randomly. He returned upstairs, and went to bed with Dian. They were on their phones tonight, scrolling down social media, and received a few other messages.

"No work for tomorrow?" Dian asked Rigel.

"No, work won't call for me," Rigel replied.

"That's cool, but you're going out tomorrow?"

"A walk, it's something I like doing. I can accompany you if you want?"

"You want to? I mean, I don't really mind."

"I'll do so, I'm kind of tired of staying in this household without you."

"Alright, you can do so."

"Thanks dear, let's go to sleep now. Good night."

"Sleep well, we will."

The two fell asleep pretty quickly, they were definitely tired today.

==============================================================

The next morning, Dian woke up alone in bed. And this was something she was used to, as Rigel always woke up early, his body making him do that as some sort of alarm. She got up from bed and stretched, heading out of the room and downstairs to see what he was up to right now. And she just saw him cooking a simple breakfast, she sat down on one of the dining room chairs.